WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I've been reading this amazing forum for some time now, however this is my first thread and post ever. I hope I'm not violating any rule or posting in the wrong section. I started my love for Seiko by chance when I bought my Premier at The Bay in Vancouver. The rest is history. I am a great watch enthusiast since I was 13 or 14 years old. Here are the Seiko watches I own. I offer my apologies for the poor lighting of the pictures, I hope they prove useful to anybody looking into buying any of these amazing watches. I also own a PRC200, a Tag Heuer F1, a couple of G-Shocks, Time Force, but these Seikos are at the top of my personal list. Looking forward to buy an automatic, probably Seiko. Anyhow...the pictures:

Sportura Alarm Chronograph SNAD23 (Bought it originally with the bracelet and then bought the original sporty leather strap with red stitches, the bracelet is a little bit on the heavy side for me) Your opinions regarding bracelet vs Strap on this model would be greatly appreciated!

Sportura Bracelet.jpg Sportura Strap.jpg

Velatura Yachting Timer (Cal.7T84) SPC007P1. This one touches the size limit for my miniature wrist but I still love it, the rubber band is very sturdy.
Velatura.jpg

Premier Perpetual Calendar (Cal.6A32) SNQ105P1 I really like how elegant and light this feels on the wrist, not to talk about that leather strap.
Premier.jpg

And finally a couple of pictures of the three together:
All three front.jpg All three top.jpg

Thanks for watching and thanks for all the information and education that this great community offers to the world.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Love the Sportura! I'm a Sportura fan.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for sharing and a BIG HELLO to another fellow Canadian. I'm also from Vancouver

With respect to the non automatics in my collection, I have 1 Sportura: SNA749 Honda F1 Racing

IMG_1308 (Large).JPG

IMG_5391 (Large).JPG

...and another Ani-Digital model: SNJ017P1

IMG_1336 (Large).JPG

IMG_5390 (Large).JPG

The SNJ017J1 was not my first choice as I wanted the Sportura variant of this movement (H023). I had to settle for this model since I could not find the Sportura version at a reasonable price anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies. I'm glad some people found this interesting. That F1 Sportura is also great. Big fan of that one. I am currently tempted to buy my first real automatic watch, so I am in the market for one, something in the 500-600 range. As a comment on the side, it would incredibly helpful if the sales corner had a feature to filter location, or at least where the seller ships the watch to.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The $500-600 price range makes me think SARB series immediately. Hacking, hand winding, 50 hr power reserve... plus most are on the smaller side (38mm ish) so they won't be too heavy with a bracelet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The $500-600 price range makes me think SARB series immediately. Hacking, hand winding, 50 hr power reserve... plus most are on the smaller side (38mm ish) so they won't be too heavy with a bracelet.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will definitely look into it, although I'm looking for something more sporty. I just wish there was a diver under 42mm. Similar to the citizen signature collection diver (I know it's not automatic, but it has really tempted me, despite the size), or the tag aquaracer. The next issue would be finding somewhere to buy it in Canada. Seikos, other than the inexpensive ones, are getting more and more scarce in the white north, plus whenever you I find them they go by MSRP, not a penny less.:-(

I was also considering Victorinox or Hamilton around that price range...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very nice, I'm a Sportura fan!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ill call them the bad ass 3...
What a nice collection and hello to a fellow Canadian...
Im fortunate enough to own a new Seiko Sportura SNAE67P1

DSC01368.jpg DSC01376.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Sportura is great. I have always liked how black straps with color stitches look. They give a great sporty look. Thanks for the comments. As a matter of fact, and even though I really like my Seikos, I have started to fall in love with the Victorinox Dive Master 500 and I might need to sell one of these (tough economic times), probably the Velatura, to fund a dive master. I haven't tried one on my wrist yet so I'm not sure if it would look ridiculous on my 6.5" wrist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts