WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I'm completing my srevice to all of you, my fellow members and addicts of WUS! I had a package arrive today and thought I'd give a short review with my impressions so far. So, onto the unboxing!

Now, before I go any further, I have to tell you that it's hard to do this watch justice with pictures. At least, it is with my photography skills. I can't quite capture the colors correctly. It has the same negative display as the BP Mudman...in my pictures the camera flash makes it look blue, and without a flash it looks pretty dark. It is neither too dark, nor blue, but in fact purple.

I've heard people refer to the face of this watch as "ugly." While it's not the best looking G I've laid eyes on, neither is it the worst. The digits are big and clear. They're a little bigger than the digits on the GD100, and about the height of the digits on the GDF200, but not quite as thick or bold looking. The center segment and the eye remind me of the 9050. The "eye" on the right side counts off the seconds in 1 second increments, while the bars in the middle fill up by the minute.

The buttons have a unique shape to them, having sort of a point to them. they are very easy to find and press. The most unique feature to this watch is the "Glass Fiber Insert Construction" of the band...

Also hard to capture in the pictures is the color of the band. Outside under direct sunlight, it looks blue like in the pictures. But, indoors, the straps take on a purple color. The strap is very flexible and very comfortable. And good news for all you guys with the 7.5"+ wrists out there...the strap is also plenty long!! I have a 6.5 wrist and I like to wear my Gs just a little loose, so that it slides a bit. I have it on the 7th hole and there are 5 left over! To keep all the excess strap in place it has a cool woven nylon keeper.

Instead of the wrist cuffs or "wings," the strap is molded with a slight curvature right at the lugs. It makes for a great fit, and as I slide it up further on my wrist I can see how it would be comfortable for those with larger wrists.

The GD200 has a pretty functional module in it as well. I think this G may have been designed with the runner in mind as the Stopwatch function is similar to that of the G 7710. You can record split times or lap times and it can store up to 60 laps that can be later viewed in the Recall function. Unfortunately the current time is not shown in stopwatch mode. However, the time IS shown in the Coundown Timer mode. The CDT can only be set by the hour or minute (not seconds) and has the option for auto repeat. This is my favorite and most used function on all my Gs. Especially during football season as we base our practices on 5 minute segments. I can have the CDT alarm signal me every 5 minutes and glance down to see the time.

Another big plus is that the button chimes can be muted. The GD200 has a total of 4 alarms. 3 that can be set to a specific time on a specific date, daily, or monthly, and one snooze alarm. It also contains a Dual Time mode. The Dual Timemode on this model is a little different than other Gs I own in that it does not have pre set cities in other time zones. Instead, you actually set the time for the timezone that you want displayed. While in DT mode, the home time is displayed at the top of the screen (see lume picture below).

I'm really pleased with this watch and it exceeds my expectations. It looks better than I thought it would, is the right size (about the same as the GD100, but maybe just a tad smaller), has a fairly functional module, and is extremely comfortable. A definite keeper for me. Oh, and last thing that I know is a love/hate item between members here. It has the super cool (IMO) LEDs that turns the purple LCD a very cool shade of dark blue, slightly different than that of the GD(F)100.

Well, that's all I got for now. Hope you enjoyed or found this useful if you were contemplating this G. And I'll leave you with the obligatory wrist shot and a daytime
lume shot...

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Fabulous watch:-! The color is just deceiving me to get one:-d

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
the strap makes the watch look like a winner, but the middle part of the face makes it undesirable (for me) I been starring at this G for months now in amazon and still don't get it, maybe this G is designed for those nerdy scientists working in Area 51 ????

your service is appreciated

·
Registered
999 Posts
I've been in the closet about wanting this model but between the few here who have done their community service, I am convinced...:-!:p

Great pics. The feature set and "strictly business" looks are a home-run (or touch-down) in my book. A good CDT is a must on my wrist as well.

Is the bezel rubbery like most G's or is it more of a harder plastic?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bezel looks and almost feels like a harder plastic, but once you remove the screws and pull it off, it's teh same rubbery resin as most Gs. I really like that it is a 2 piece bezel. Reminds me of the old capsule models like the DW001-DW004.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts