WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've admired this watch for some time, but (as some of you may know) the first series was sold out, and so is the series currently being produced...and the earliest I could acquire one from Stowa directly was going to be Spring 2007 or later.

Soooo....never one to take no for an answer, I did some digging and found someone who was prepared to part with their 2.5-month old MO, purchased in mid-Sept of 2006.

Initial impressions: very pleased, the 41mm case with its thin bezel wears about as large as my 44mm PAM (though much lighter). The blued hands are really sharp in person, and the overall dialwork is very good. It sits on my wrist just right too, which is a essential.

Here is a quick and dirty pic of my new friend:

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Glad you found one Captain!
Beautiful, congrats!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Congratulations Stephen! Enjoy it. From the sounds of your current collection this one will fit right in.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Thanks for sharing photos. It is a beauty; I will still have to wait for next year delivery; I am on order. This is something I don't mind for keeping me focused for a while. There are so many beautiful and interesting items out there and I do have a tendency to stray. The MO is fixed; but should I now set my eyes on an Airman model? Or should I look for an original (and expensive) vintage Stowa or any other similar watch?

Erik_H

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the positive comments gentlemen :-!

Erik, the Airman model is great as well - I'm particularly excited to see what the Airman special edition (due in 2007) looks like :)

S

·
0 Posts
Stowa MO and Montalcino: Nice combination :-!

Congrats on your watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts