WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello WUSeekers.

Im in need of advice. I purchased a Skx173 last week and it arrived at my door yesterday. When i took it out of the box and started giving a light shake to get it wound up i noticed that the chapter ring is slightly shifting. Its not much but enough to be noticed; roughly 1mm side to side from the center position. I own two other SKX models and they do not have any play. I considered that maybe the dial is shifting, but after observing the day/date window it seems to be staying evenly spaced displaying the numerals. Im highly considering returning the watch but i wanted to know if this is easily fixed if i take it over to my local watchmaker? Saves me on return postage and time. How does the chapter ring stay in place when its encased and what could make it start to shift?

Thank you for your time.

T87 |>

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Its probably a QC issue or the print alignment on the chapter ring.
It happens to some other Seiko diver models too.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I contacted Joma Shop and I'm sending it back today. Quality issues are a factor with these watches but my other 173, 175 and 781 are flawless. Maybe better luck next time.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The chapter rings are usually secured by a little plastic notch and pressure from the crystal, as you can guess, any poor tolerances or loosey goosey there will cause it to move around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts