WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw the Ridinfool leather band onto it and wore it for the evening.

First impressions.

Amazing build quality for the price - Major value!
Polish on the case is flawless
Bezel rotates very smoothly with a quality feel
Second hand has very nice sweep
Lume is VERY impressive even after having a Lum Tec
Not quite as much presence as the 6309-7040 but different enough to feel like a great addition to the collection
Find the 12 marker a bit monolithic

Reactions: juneven

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Congrats - looks great on that strap.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yep, thats a great strap/watch combo. Can't go wrong with a classic.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Classic! That's a great combo! :-!

- Hiro

·
Registered
721 Posts
On-topic:
Excellent pics cwood!!!
Looking at other's 007 pics sometimes push me to give it a fourth try.:-d

Off-topic:
Nice.. is it bead blasted or just the lighting?
It's not just you W123...my very trusty, near-sighted eyes tell me that these recent batch of 007/009's might have "finer" brushed lines to them. From a scale of coarse/medium/fine/smooth&polished, my 009K is at the "fine" brushed finish.

I'm assuming my 01/2010 manufactured watch is from Seiko China factories and not from malaysia or singapore...maybe the Seiko robot/machines/thingamajig's settings or adjustments are slightly off?
I dunno but I'd rather have the medium brushed lines that my previous three(3) 007's had.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 009...but now slightly less come to think of it. All just because of the very, very slight inconsistency in the brushed lines.:rodekaart Had an '07 007J, '08 007K, and '09 007K... and now '10 009K, I know what they're supposed to look like.:-(

Can someone with a recent batch 007/009 and pre-'09 007/009 post a comparison pic in a new thread if they see this same inconsistency in the brushed finish?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Hm that is interesting. My 007 has the very noticeable circular machine marks, which I don't mind a bit, but yeah they look finer on that watch.

OP: I agree on the bezel, the 007 has one of the best bezels in the industry. I think it's better than the Sumo's too. Smooth and firm enough and easy to grip.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hm that is interesting. My 007 has the very noticeable circular machine marks, which I don't mind a bit, but yeah they look finer on that watch.

OP: I agree on the bezel, the 007 has one of the best bezels in the industry. I think it's better than the Sumo's too. Smooth and firm enough and easy to grip.
I would say that it is quite difficult to see the difference between the brushed lugs and the polished sides. Its very subtle brushing.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
I would say that it is quite difficult to see the difference between the brushed lugs and the polished sides. Its very subtle brushing.
Here is a pic of my 2008 007. Medium brushed? :think:

- Hiro

·
Registered
331 Posts
True classic! This reminds me I need to pick up an extra 007, one to keep on bracelet and one for zulu/nato strap use.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts