WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey out there. I'm new here. Thought I'd share my small collection of G-Shocks...

In no particular order...

GX-56: My newest addition. I first saw this one on these very forums. I was still hesitant to purchase because of how big everyone says it is. Found a local Macy's that stocked it. Tried it on there and loved it. Despite it's size and my approximately 7" wrist, it fits perfect and feels great. The reverse display can be difficult to read at times, but the auto illumination helps in low light.

G-7500: Currently my oldest G-Shock I own that I still wear. I know I've owned a couple others, but seem to have misplaced over time. I love the "squircle" shape of the watch face. The vibrating alarm mode is kind of unique, although pretty gimmicky. Had this one for a few years. I think I bought it at Walmart.

GDF-100: I bought this recently on Amazon at the same time as the next on my list (GW-9200 Riseman). Mainly because I couldn't decide between the two which I liked more. They have such a similar feature set. The only drawback is this one doesn't do solar power or atomic time sync like the Riseman does.

GW-9200: What else can be said, other than this is packed with practically every feature under the sun! :-! The only (minor) downside to this watch is where I live, I can only get the atomic clock sync working in the only window I have that's facing to the east towards Fort Collins. I have some furniture in the way so it's not easy to get to, and therefor doesn't get synced very often.

That's all for now. Just wanted to say hi from Northern California. I'm sure I'll be sharing more as my collection grows.

-Ryan

PS - I'm going to attempt to post the obligatory wrist shots...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
thanks for sharing, you have a little black and red theme going on,
the riseman is on my wishlist for a while now but ...
i am from san jose

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
:-!Welcome!! That's a very nice start you have...thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see more.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,289 Posts
Welcome to the G-Shock craze! :D

Very nice little collection there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Yeah it's kinda funny that some of you mentioned the red/black theme. I never really noticed the color theme until I posted the pics. Normally I'd prefer something with a blue color like most of my Swatch watches (I used to collect those for a while when I worked at one of their stores and got 50% off employee discount). But for some reason these particular G-shock models I have just seem to look best in this color scheme.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome. I really like your choices of the more conservative offerings. Very classy...:-!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts