WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

here a picture of my little Collection:

have a good weekend !!!

servus
Klaus

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi Klaus,
I'm with the others, great collection. A nice mix of a bit of everything from g-shock. Big and small, tough solar and conventional, workhorses and a couple of special ones (I know all G-shocks are special, but you know what I'm saying;-) )

My favourite is the negative display NEXAX model (dw-004?)
:-!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Klaus,
I'm with the others, great collection. A nice mix of a bit of everything from g-shock. Big and small, tough solar and conventional, workhorses and a couple of special ones (I know all G-shocks are special, but you know what I'm saying;-) )

My favourite is the negative display NEXAX model (dw-004?)
:-!
Thanks to all for the nice words !!

my collection would be already much larger, but i sell from time to time some watches..

Nexas ? dont know, but its a dw-002:

servus
Klaus

·
Registered
263 Posts
Very nice-all of those are on my "watch" list!|>

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Klaus,

THat's a nice collection. Like Resin Bandit your Black Dragon DW-002 is super. I have two or three of them. One of them had the watchband retainer broken. I replaced it with a "Rolling Stones" watchband. It matches this model also wonderfull. Of course you already knew from me your MIB Muddy is super!!!

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Sjors,

The "Rolling Stones" watchband looks nice, is this Leather ?

servus
Klaus

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Klaus,

As far as I know, it's indead leather. The watchband is very stiff when new (I think that is a property of this kind of leather), but it looks very classy. The original band, as you already know, is very comfortable and flexible. Actually I chose this watchband as a replacement band because Tiktox didn't have the original band and this was the only brown band that matches the brown tones on this model.

This is the original Rolling Stones model:

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Thanks to all for the nice words !!

my collection would be already much larger, but i sell from time to time some watches..

Nexas ? dont know, but its a dw-002:

servus
Klaus
Hi Klaus,
I think Nexax was the nickname for the "tough capsule" design that the model had (you'll see that name still used in yahoo japan auctions). To be honest I only used the name here again as a shorthand name as I wasn't sure what the model was exactly:oops: .

Now I know it's a dw-002|>.

It's a very good looking variant complimented by the guitar.

Thanks Klaus;-)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hallo,

here all my G´s after selling all G-Shocks with less wrist time !

sorry for the bad picture and my bad english :-d

servus
Klaus

·
Registered
461 Posts
ME like the white one!

n00b question... what model is the white one?

Nice collection Klaus!!!|>|>

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Nice collection. I see a GW002 there, a very comfortable and underrated atomic/solar G-Shock IMO. I know it doesn't show time in every mode (probably due to limited display space) but it has plenty of pros.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Klaus,

thanks for the info and picture!!
Nice ghost too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts