WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my Seiko SNK807 in today. I work here in China and don't have a lot of money to spend. I already had the old Elgin mechanical ($30). Picked up the other 3 recently. Casio SWG400 ($70), Seiko SNK807 ($70), and a Casio Beside BEM-501 ($70).<br><br>Posting the prices now I wonder if I should've just bought one nice used watch like Longines or something and eventually saved for more exactly what kind of watches I want for the rest. I say this because I'll probably get more expensive replacements for the SWG400 (9200 Riseman), old Elgin (some vintage looking Longines or Omega), and the BEM-501 (some nice gold toned watch similiar to a navitimer). The Seiko I'll probably end up keeping till me or it dies, especially after I find a nice metal band to put on it.

The SNK807 is the most comfortable and lightest to wear. The SWG400 is the one I look at the most when I'm wearing it.

I think I'll probably end up wearing the Seiko the most now though since navy blue matches any thing pretty much.

old elgin, SNK807, SWG400, BEM-501

Attachments

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
welcome and thanks for sharing. my only advice is to only buy watches that you enjoy wearing; this may require you to pass on some deals, but in the end you will only own pieces that you love.

cheers:)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
YES!!! Welcome to the wacky world of watch spotting. I also like vintage watches, but they are usually too tiny 4 me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heh yeah, when it comes to dress watches or chronometers, i love the look of vintage watches. conservative, simple, elegant, art deco styles, retro, etc. i love it all :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks like you have a nice variety there. Something for any occasion. Upgrading one at a time as you find pieces you like is a great plan and keeps the habit, err hobby, interesting.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Good choice on the new Seiko, I think it's one of the best sub $100 watches going. For something different, I wonder if it would look good on a mesh bracelet (blue sailcloth would look sharp too)...Also, I've always like the compass on the strap look - I'm going to need to do that myself someday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts