WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidently left my speedmaster by the side of my laptop exhaust where it was blowing hot air from. It was almost 20 mins before I returned to my desk. When I picked up the watch again for wearing it was pretty much very warm. I have checked the timekeeping for last 2 hours, it is fine. Do I need to take it to the service center for getting the seal checked ?? It was serviced just 3 and a half months ago.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
I dropped my Speedmaster at work a few years back. It was fine, if a bit singed and melty. I'm guessing you're good to go.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Honestly I thought the title was click bait, but turns out OP was serious.

To be a nice person, I say do not worry. That little hot air is nothing compared to the heat and temps that the watches face in some climates around the world.

Now it's time for me to sit back and enjoy the many comments that I assume are inbound.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I accidently left my speedmaster by the side of my laptop exhaust where it was blowing hot air from. It was almost 20 mins before I returned to my desk. When I picked up the watch again for wearing it was pretty much very warm. I have checked the timekeeping for last 2 hours, it is fine. Do I need to take it to the service center for getting the seal checked ?? It was serviced just 3 and a half months ago.
Check the owner's manual. I think there is a chapter: What to do If Your Watch Gets Pretty Much Very Warm.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well good fun and thanks for your comments😂. However I was serious. The watchmaker(Omega Certified) who serviced my watch recently mentioned only two things to me, "a) Do not swim wearing the watch and b) Do not expose the watch to prolonged heat or cold. If either of these two things happened, bring the watch to get the seal checked.". And hence I was asking, wasn't sure what qualifies for prolonged heat. However guess I know it now. ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Well good fun and thanks for your comments😂. However I was serious. The watchmaker(Omega Certified) who serviced my watch recently mentioned only two things to me, "a) Do not swim wearing the watch and b) Do not expose the watch to prolonged heat or cold. If either of these two things happened, bring the watch to get the seal checked.". And hence I was asking, wasn't sure what qualifies for prolonged heat. However guess I know it now. ;)
Heh heh. Does your watchmaker know what they used the Speedy for in the late 60s and early 70s? B)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don’t let all of these naysayers get you down, OP. The watch certified for leaving the earths atmosphere and work in outer space and all of that stuff was not designed to withstand the molten blast of warm air from a laptop for the duration of a Seinfeld episode (without the commercials). This definitely needs service.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts