WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts
Discussion starter · #84 ·
I hope the OP's not getting upset at us poking fun, although it is bloody hilarious.
My old man always gave me this advice "Engage brain before opening mouth"
But dont worry I still forget sometimes 🙄
Ohh no no, I am not at all upset. Wasn't responding as I could only occasionally find time to lurk around here. I am a banker in my mid thirties and working as hard while I still can. I only have a very tiny collection of 9 good mechanical watches of which 2 are my favorite speedmasters. So you see I take this as learning process as I don't have much experience yet. By the time I am 50 I am sure to be as expert as some of you are and would have added more to my collection as well. In fact some of the comments were a good laugh for me. I would rather thank people who took time to read my post and actually comment. 😁

I recommend pouring a bit of McDonald’s coke on it to cool it down.

Was that one the same OP??

And it’s not 1st April for ages yet.

just saw that OP is based in Dubai, I would assume that temperature there in summer is more than the laptop fan can generate. But maybe he only wears watch in aircon environment of his bank...
Little does he know that the Speedy has not only been to the moon but that people actually SWIM with it. God forbid....

I accidently left my speedmaster by the side of my laptop exhaust where it was blowing hot air from. It was almost 20 mins before I returned to my desk. When I picked up the watch again for wearing it was pretty much very warm. I have checked the timekeeping for last 2 hours, it is fine. Do I need to take it to the service center for getting the seal checked ?? It was serviced just 3 and a half months ago.
If you have the hesalite version and it melted the glass down to goop onto the dial then I would be worried...otherwise, you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.