Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just put on my OEM Omega Sharkskin strap on the 3573...I really like the look but am kinda torn on whether I should wear it on the bracelet...I really liked the bracelet, even though I purchased it thinking I wouldn't wear it ever...

What do you all think? :)

And a pic of the original bracelet:

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I love the Shark strap. Especially with your Summer almost over - looks great!

·
Registered
576 Posts
The bracelet is nice but it's fun to alternate. Right now my Speedy's on a leather Nato. Yesterday, a Di-Modell Rallye and the day before on the bracelet.

That's one sweet looking strap though. I would alternate depending on what you feel like that day :-!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bracelet is nice but it's fun to alternate. Right now my Speedy's on a leather Nato. Yesterday, a Di-Modell Rallye and the day before on the bracelet.

That's one sweet looking strap though. I would alternate depending on what you feel like that day :-!
I'd love to alternate as much as you do, but I'm wayyyy too scared of scratching up my Speedy! I managed to get through my very first strap swap unscathed, but changing everyday sounds like pushing my luck! You sir, are a madman! :-!

I plan on changing out my straps possibly every couple months or so...definitely for different seasons, as I can't see staying on a leather strap all year round because of the nasty humid NYC summers.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Just do a thorough search for "strap changing" or some similar terms and you'll find many, many old threads that discuss how to change out straps/bracelets. There are certain ways of doing it that are better than others. We've all gone through the steps and learned to do it. It's really a vital (yet easily acquired) skill to have for any WIS, IMO. I sometimes change out my straps a few times a day. I've never put a single mark on any of my watches. Once you know how to do it yourself, it no longer becomes a matter of which strap/bracelet/watch combo is better, but rather which combo is better for right now... |>

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
*double post* how much slower is this site going to get! :-d

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I love that strap/deployment it is stunning and expensive. I've seen it on some Speedy models (JW's striking pics come to mind) and it's in my top 3 list of combos I've seen on a Speedy.

I can't help but think though that this is too dressy for the 3573. Maybe if I saw it in person. It's just me :-x!! I voted for the bracelet on this one.

Either way I hope you enjoy it because that is all that will ever matter |>

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love that strap/deployment it is stunning and expensive. I've seen it on some Speedy models (JW's striking pics come to mind) and it's in my top 3 list of combos I've seen on a Speedy.

I can't help but think though that this is too dressy for the 3573. Maybe if I saw it in person. It's just me :-x!! I voted for the bracelet on this one.

Either way I hope you enjoy it because that is all that will ever matter |>
I admit, I have to agree somewhat with your statement saying that the leather could be a bit dressy for the 3573. However, I sort of like that contrast. With that said, I went back to the bracelet tonight after thinking it over. Mainly because it's still brutally humid here in NYC and I don't want to ruin the strap with the gallons of sweat I'm sure to expose it to over the next few weeks.

However, once this weather cools off and my favorite season rolls around, I'm definitely throwing it on the leather and will probably purchase a nice honey brown croc strap to boot. Or maybe even better, buy a second Speedy Pro so I can go from bracelet to leather without having to pull out the spring bar tool. :-! Will give me an excuse to buy a 3570 Moonwatch! :-d

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I do like the shark strap very much, and do prefere my speedy like this.

But I do have another watch on a bracelet, and the Omega bracelets are very nice too. I would suggest to use them both

Bergeon will help you

Jon

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^Thanks Jon. Those pics of your watch (as well as one or two others' on the forum) are what made me buy the sharkskin strap in the first place. Such a beautiful combo--thanks for the inspiration!

How does it fare in the heat and humidity? Do you find your wrist sweating more as a result of a leather strap? I don't want to damage the strap unnecessarily as a result of this. I put the bracelet back on for now and will wait until cooler months before going back to the shark.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
How does it fare in the heat and humidity? Do you find your wrist sweating more as a result of a leather strap? I don't want to damage the strap unnecessarily as a result of this. I put the bracelet back on for now and will wait until cooler months before going back to the shark.
We don't get your kind of heat here in Norway;-), normally 20-28 C or 68-82F.
I do think I feel a little bit more sweating, but the Shark is the best of my Omega straps in the summer, and seems to keep quite good in the heat.

Jon

·
Registered
871 Posts
that strap/deployment combo looks awesome, its my #1 choice for a leather strap. problem is, i cant find anyone who sells that strap. i also asked at my AD but they told me Omega doesnt sell shark skin straps.
can you maybe tell me where you got that strap from, or even its OME serial?

·
Registered
365 Posts
This poll is flawed!

I like them both!

Leather strap will go really great with dark suits, but on the other hand so will bracelet.

Granted, on bracelet, Speedy looks more "tool-ish"

Well you said you were afraid of scratching the watch, then I would suggest you get another Speedy with bracelet, so you don't need to swap straps ;)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hard to choose. I like the look of a bracelet and strap on a Speedy Pro. However, I think I would favor a strap that was a little more casual looking, but that's just me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that strap/deployment combo looks awesome, its my #1 choice for a leather strap. problem is, i cant find anyone who sells that strap. i also asked at my AD but they told me Omega doesnt sell shark skin straps.
can you maybe tell me where you got that strap from, or even its OME serial?
It is readily available from Ofrei, if your AD can't source it:

The part is #97496079 and costs $118--it is a 20mm/16mm strap.

·
Registered
871 Posts
thanks for the info
i was looking through the straps at ofrei but only found the weird blue and grey ones, i must be color blind ;)

*EDIT*
doh strap was there all the time at ofrei, i just glanced at the pictures in which the strap looks very grey

1 - 18 of 18 Posts