WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,169 Posts
I don't know anyone who has regretted getting an ST5.

Big congrats! :-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have another Sea Gull, a M187S, so it was not hard for me to buy this one. So far it is keeping very good time and it is in "new" condition. I will let you know how it wears in after a couple of weeks.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
I just got my first ST-5 in the mail today. I paid $25.00 plus shipping from a well known auction site. Here are a couple of pictures:
This is absolutely the perfect place to start with your ST5 collection :-!

That's a very good example and I doubt you will be disappointed in either it's performance or the pleasure factor you get from wearing it.

I have been inside these ST5 movements and really appreciate how well they are made. The fully striped movement models are obviously the best looking ones but even the plain finished ones perform equally as well.

Congratulations on your first ST5; may there be a couple more :-d

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is absolutely the perfect place to start with your ST5 collection :-!

That's a very good example and I doubt you will be disappointed in either it's performance or the pleasure factor you get from wearing it.

I have been inside these ST5 movements and really appreciate how well they are made. The fully striped movement models are obviously the best looking ones but even the plain finished ones perform equally as well.

Congratulations on your first ST5; may there be a couple more :-d
My watch repair guy opened it up and it has a decorated movement, very clean and recently serviced. If I had the guts and tools to open it, I would and post photos of the movement. To quote my watch guy, "This is very pretty."

·
8,169 Posts
My watch repair guy opened it up and it has a decorated movement, very clean and recently serviced...To quote my watch guy, "This is very pretty."
The decorated movements are very pretty :).

The ST5 is a great movement with a very interesting history.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's a really good movement. Much better, at least much stable, than those cheap ones nowadays.

I prefer the movements made in the "planed economy" era before the "unified movement".

Are you in China? It seems it's not so common in the US or Europe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a really good movement. Much better, at least much stable, than those cheap ones nowadays.

I prefer the movements made in the "planed economy" era before the "unified movement".

Are you in China? It seems it's not so common in the US or Europe.
Nope, I am in the US. I am going to have it serviced soon.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
The decorated movements are very pretty :).

The ST5 is a great movement with a very interesting history.
My current goal is to find the ST5 with the finest stripes.:) I think someone showed a ST5 with very fine Seal Gull stripes on this forum.:-! Is it gigfy?:roll:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
My current goal is to find the ST5 with the finest stripes.:) I think someone showed a ST5 with very fine Seal Gull stripes on this forum.:-! Is it gigfy?:roll:
Yes! :-! This is actually one I have in rotation. I wear it on a thin green canvas strap.

cheers,
gigfy

·
8,169 Posts
I've also recently got one. Very nice watch indeed :)
Very nice!! Congrats--and welcome to the Chinese Mechanical Watches forum!! :-!

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Such lovely simple watches, don't think I'll be able to resist much longer, especially one of those gorgeous green ones.

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Potential ST5 addict detected!:rodekaart
Trust me, its only lack of funds that's stopping me buying one off ebay right now watching (along with the He Ping AlbertaTime very kindly just sent me a link too!)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Trust me, its only lack of funds that's stopping me buying one off ebay right now watching (along with the He Ping AlbertaTime very kindly just sent me a link too!)
AT always has good tips. You can shorten the learning curve by just follow the advices / experiences on his webpage here. The Museum is an excellent source of inspiration on the watches but .....on the other hand it is also intoxicating:-d

1 - 20 of 35 Posts