WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this watch a few years ago, have only ever seen one other in the Stowa museum, are there any others out there? :think:

Looks like a re badged Lip Nautic Ski....

·
Registered
965 Posts
Nice lookin' piece! When was that made?? Is that upper crown for an inner rotating bezel??

Regards,
-Jeff

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice lookin' piece! When was that made?? Is that upper crown for an inner rotating bezel??

Regards,
-Jeff
The Lip Nautic Ski was the world first Electronic divers watch and was made around 1967, so this watch must date from the same period. The top crown rotates the internal bezel.:-!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Love the inner bezel. Anyone have a date/tear on this? What was the original WR? Case size? Very cool and thank for sharing.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics. I keep visiting this thread to get another look at it. Must stopo|

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love the inner bezel. Anyone have a date/tear on this? What was the original WR? Case size? Very cool and thank for sharing.

The watch dates from 1967, it was made by Lip and rebranded as a Stowa Seatime.

WR was 200 meters and the case width excluding crowns is 36mm, but it wears much larger.

The case was made by EPSA. "EPSA" stands for E. Piquerez SA, a Swiss company specialized in the manufacture of diving watch cases. In the 60's they had 3 types of cases called the "Compressor", "Compressor 2" and "Super-Compressor".

EPSA sold their cases to the most prestigious brands and manufactures as Enicar, IWC, Bulova, Hamilton, Omega Longines, Lip, Universal, Tissot, Eterna, Jaeger Le Coultre, Zenith, Zodiac and many others.

:-!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
How does the Company decide which old Stowa watches to revive? It seems to me that there are a lot of watches with Stowa name that would be a run away success today if they could be introduced . . .

I'd be very surprised if Stowa fans find the above watch mediocre...

A reintroduction of the Electric may be stupendous . . . (although I dont know what the movement is, size, etc).

It sure looks very handsome!:p

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
How does the Company decide which old Stowa watches to revive? It seems to me that there are a lot of watches with Stowa name that would be a run away success today if they could be introduced . . .

I'd be very surprised if Stowa fans find the above watch mediocre...

A reintroduction of the Electric may be stupendous . . . (although I dont know what the movement is, size, etc).

It sure looks very handsome!:p
I would love a 42-44mm version with a saphire crystal.b-)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Thanks for the info. :-!

The watch dates from 1967, it was made by Lip and rebranded as a Stowa Seatime.

WR was 200 meters and the case width excluding crowns is 36mm, but it wears much larger.

The case was made by EPSA. "EPSA" stands for E. Piquerez SA, a Swiss company specialized in the manufacture of diving watch cases. In the 60's they had 3 types of cases called the "Compressor", "Compressor 2" and "Super-Compressor".

EPSA sold their cases to the most prestigious brands and manufactures as Enicar, IWC, Bulova, Hamilton, Omega Longines, Lip, Universal, Tissot, Eterna, Jaeger Le Coultre, Zenith, Zodiac and many others.

:-!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would love a 42-44mm version with a saphire crystal.b-)
I am thinking around 40mm. If you want bigger you always have the seatime and prodiver.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
A 40-42mm reissue would absolutely rock! What a beautiful piece this is...

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I love it! Thanks.

·
Registered
967 Posts
nice pic. But why there are two crowns? one for date and one for hour pointer?

S

·
0 Posts
One for winding, setting date and time, the other is for the inner bezel. Just a guess.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One for winding, setting date and time, the other is for the inner bezel. Just a guess.
Its electric so no winding is necessary, but top one is for the internal bezel and the other for setting date and time :-!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts