WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a number of things that I like about my Casio G-Shock watches, but the two most important things are the solor power and the atomic sync. As more and more G-Shocks found their way to me, I needed to find a way to sync all of them at the same time and to give them exposure to the sun. A coat hanger, foam pipe insulation, black duck tape and a piece of cord hanging from the window lock did the trick. I can nightly hang my sync rig (facing out) in a westerward facing window and awaken in the morning with all of the watches having an up to date sync. In the afternoon the watches get sun for solar charging.

Of course my good wife of 49 years has had more that one good chuckle over my invention, but it works! :-! Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
yeah, I was thinking of getting that foam which help kids swimming at 1 dollar store

but the wifey is not that supportive like yours

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kandyredcoi, that is a great use of the window shutter! If your wife were to question you, just say that it is window art! :) Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
With room to expand!
not pictured is my RR Muddie lol, yes theres plenty of room to expand hehehehehehe

kandyredcoi, that is a great use of the window shutter! If your wife were to question you, just say that it is window art! :) Cheers, Bill P.
it used to sit on the shutters closer to her side of the bed, she didnt like the fact that it was open and the sun came in right on her face so i moved it to another window that also gets the signal, now everyone is happy (sort of ;) ) hahahaha

thanks!

·
Registered
20,568 Posts
DIY sync / charging device ? :p

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
A coat hanger, foam pipe insulation, black duck tape and a piece of cord hanging from the window lock did the trick.
I wonder what house guests think of your contraption - I would just put a sign under it explaining why you have all those watches facing out the window to avoid lengthy explanations.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm guessing you really like black colored watched :D.

Neat idea. To the uninitiated, seeing a row of G Shocks being sunned must be quite puzzling!

----

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My sync rig is not seen except by my wife as it is in a BR window and is not "operational" for most of the day. It goes up at night before going to bed and on sunny afternoons. My good wife of 49 years is a very understanding lady. :) Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I put all my atomic/solar G's in a garden window in our kitchen. As long as they dont disturb any of my wife's flowers she is ok with it. :)

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well done, Jeff! That is a great charging rack. Where do you put it to sync your watches? Cheers, Bill P.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts