WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So, I was a longtime lurker and then a member for a number of years. Recently I have been traveling for work a little less and started posting and commenting. I love this forum!

I started collecting many many years ago, but my first Italian watch was an Anonimo Militare followed by at least 5 Anonimo and maybe 10 or so Panerai. Then I got obsessed with vintage cars and sort of left watch hobby. In the past two or 3 years I really started to get back into it...my list of watches I am after is embarrassing...

Anyway, I always had a fondness for the Anonimo and Ennebi and feel like they are cousins or at least they "know" each other LOL. I recently sold my 372 and 380, but I still have my 590. I am searching for a 557 and 720 or 721 (hope to acquire one of these in the next week). enough rambling...I was messing around and while the picture quality is not great, I thought it was cool enough pic to post...hope you like my TRIO

Trio.jpg

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
you don't often see a collection of watches that are so different from each other as most watches these days look similar..
but you've got a beautiful Italian Family and a very unique Trio.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you don't often see a collection of watches that are so different from each other as most watches these days look similar..
Thanks, I had a 372 and a 380 that I recently sold...I keep thinking about what's next and what makes the most sense in terms of being a long term Panerai fan? Maybe a 127, 721, or maybe I should move a watch or two and buy a pre vendome...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I had a 372 and a 380 that I recently sold...I keep thinking about what's next and what makes the most sense in terms of being a long term Panerai fan? Maybe a 127, 721, or maybe I should move a watch or two and buy a pre vendome...

·
Registered
280 Posts
What made you sell the 372? Something more interesting? Asking as I just purchased my 372. It is my fifth and did feel a bit underwhelmed for some reason. My others are the 424, 590, 588 and 673.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What made you sell the 372? Something more interesting? Asking as I just purchased my 372. It is my fifth and did feel a bit underwhelmed for some reason. My others are the 424, 590, 588 and 673.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This will sound insane, but at the time I was actually thinking I was over all big (over 45mm) watches. I didn't wear the 372 enough and I think or thought it was due to the size, but ever since I got the ennebi...I don't know if it's the size, the Ennebi is bronze and gets some patina so I think I wear it more because I am less worried about messing it up.

Ever since I sold the 372, I have missed it, but I am left handed and wear a watch on my right hand, so if I get another Luminor, it will be Destro...hence why my next watch might be a 557.

Don't stone me for saying this, but I much prefer the look of the 183 and 210 , movement to the P3000...so that's an issue too

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
i had the MM 217 for a bunch of years before the 372 came out. always felt the 217 (same case as the 127) wore bigger. don't know why.

for some reason. the 372 wears/sits more comfortably on the wrist. at least my wrist.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Interesting trio you got there! I love the Pam :-!, like the Ennebi |> but i'm not very fond of the Anonimo :-s. Nevertheless it's your trio and i'm sure you enjoy them all.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
372’s case seems lower to the wrist when worn,especially the one with plexi crystal

Older fiddy case is taller too due to the domed crystal,it works well with lighter material (that’s why I went with 368 and 375 instead of 127 and 217 duet)

217 felt bigger than 127 because I think 217 have (slightly) thinner bezel (I’ve never owned nor worn both though so I might be wrong...)

If you notice the details even the crystal of 368 and 375 have different dome angle...

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I do like your trio, very much. My hope for you is that you get your hands on the 721. Not only one of my favorite Panerai models, but one of my very favorite watches. Love the anonymous dial, and all the other details which are so true to the original. Not that this is the only Panerai model true to it's roots, but the added mystery of having that simple dial is amazing. It is likely the most unique and interesting watch I will ever own. I will be interested to learn which model you eventually end up with.

As they say, most of the fun is in the hunt!

Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do like your trio, very much. My hope for you is that you get your hands on the 721. Not only one of my favorite Panerai models, but one of my very favorite watches. Love the anonymous dial, and all the other details which are so true to the original. Not that this is the only Panerai model true to it's roots, but the added mystery of having that simple dial is amazing. It is likely the most unique and interesting watch I will ever own. I will be interested to learn which model you eventually end up with.

As they say, most of the fun is in the hunt!

Cheers,
Carl

Great watch! Yes I am trying to find one, prices are so varied at the moment. However I have a few watches for sale, if one goes, I will replace it it with one of these:

720, 721, 557 and I had thought about a 210 or 232...the 721 I think is my #1 choice at the moment, but we will see

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I did take a look at the Ennebi Fondale models as well today. They just seem amazing. Until your post, I had never even heard of the brand. Now, I must do some more research. Those bronze models are wonderful!

If you don't mind my asking, where did you source your's?

Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
hey Carl.
respect to Signor Alessandro Bettarini for his contribution to the Watch industry.
years ago he was the head of Panerai's mechanical design department . then in the early 2000 he started his own Brand . the Ennebi Fondale that is..

this is one of his Prototype design when he was still with Panerai

you can see Alessandro's name all over it. the Bezel. the Lugs. the Center Second . and the inner Red Gasket that you see in all his watch (or on most of them).

yes. Ennebis are quite Unique and have lots of presence on the wrist.
in fact . you just convinced me to go to the Bank today and pick this baby up.:)

Cheers

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did take a look at the Ennebi Fondale models as well today. They just seem amazing. Until your post, I had never even heard of the brand. Now, I must do some more research. Those bronze models are wonderful!

If you don't mind my asking, where did you source your's?

Cheers,
Carl

Hey Carl,

Seems Tony answered you first, but I cannot stress the importance of Bettarini to the Panerai legacy. And his watches are wonderful. They have a much more "garagisti" or hand made small production feel to them.

·
Registered
20,923 Posts
Great trio, I love the Ennebi case, beautiful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts