WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have two seiko skx009k1's.. one has roman numerals for day and the other is Spanish. I understand that skx's can come in both versions, but my watches are different to each other. The case shapes are different... The angled polished section is thicker on the roman numeral version. Also when I wind the roman numeral version backwards to set the time, the second hand starts moving anti clockwise, whereas the Spanish version will continue moving clockwise when wound backward. Is this because of the different versions? or is one of them fake?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
The day 2nd language varies according to destination market, that's a well know fact.
The side shape different is more interesting, noticeable in your pictures but still not enough to say that they are "different watches". Probably Seiko has corrected the issue in the factory which made the one in the 2nd picture.
On the 7S26 mov.t the second hand moves backward a little when time is set and charge is low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh yes, that could be it. I've been wearing the Spanish version all day, so it should be highly charged.. I'll let the charge waste and see if winding it backwards is the same or not.

Thanks for your answer

·
Registered
230 Posts
The first two digits of each serial number would also indicate the difference in age between the two.
The 1st will be the year, the 2nd is the month, 1-9=Jan-Sep, and then O, N, D, detailed explanation here, including case code.
I have two SKX's with the Roman Numeral day.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
The second language on my 009/175 is French, I assume for the North American market, with our Québécois friends in mind.

·
Premium Member
71,508 Posts
The day 2nd language varies according to destination market, that's a well know fact.
The side shape different is more interesting, noticeable in your pictures but still not enough to say that they are "different watches". Probably Seiko has corrected the issue in the factory which made the one in the 2nd picture.
On the 7S26 mov.t the second hand moves backward a little when time is set and charge is low.
^ this

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Hi guys,
I have two seiko skx009k1's.. one has roman numerals for day and the other is Spanish. I understand that skx's can come in both versions, but my watches are different to each other. The case shapes are different... The angled polished section is thicker on the roman numeral version. Also when I wind the roman numeral version backwards to set the time, the second hand starts moving anti clockwise, whereas the Spanish version will continue moving clockwise when wound backward. Is this because of the different versions? or is one of them fake?

Cheers
Take a pic of the caseback of each watch and post. Might help us figure this out for you.

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are the pictures of the casebacks.. not sure if the serial numbers can be seen properly from my crappy phone pics, but the numbers are 460580 for the roman numeral and 509785 for Spanish. 13351232_593380234160743_846857225_o.jpg 13324023_593380260827407_120022702_o.jpg

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
These come from two different plants / stamping presses. See how "SEIKO" is spaced differently. Sometime, but not always, you can also tell differences by the small writing on the dial.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
What you are seeing with the finish is manufacturing variances between production runs, if you look very closely and compare almost any watch you're bound to find something somewhere. My sumo actually has this with the brushed sections on the side too, one side is ever so slightly thicker at one point than the corresponding finish on the other side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts