WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this watch probably 3 years ago and honestly I haven't cared for it as I should have. There is a little piece on the end of the crown thats broken off (the darker piece ontop of the metal) and I suppose I've scuffed that little metal ring that goes around the crystal. I could do for a new strap as well.

I wonder if I can do service on this myself, and if so where can I find parts? What should I replace the strap with? I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff.. I've seen the error of my ways and I'm trying to learn now!

TXworldLD.jpg

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The piece your referring to that fell off was basically a sticker that had the TX logo on it that sat in a small indent on the crown. You'll have a hard time replacing that as TX has now been discontinued by Timex. Your best bet to get a new one would be contacting Timex's service center and explaining that you need a new crown that you could have a jewler swap out for you. But again you may not be able to get a replacement because the whole TX line has been discontinued.

Getting a new strap won't be a problem as it has standard lugs. Just look on the underside of the leather to see what mm width your strap is. I believe it's 19 or 20 mm on your world time model but check just to make sure. Once you determine your watches lug width any strap with the same width will fit no problem. A few sites/brands that sell great straps you could buy are strapculture, crown&buckle, panatime, and Hirsh. Its very easy to change them yourself. Just do a search on youtube and you'll see how its done.

The metal ring around the glass is called the bezel. Your lucky because your TX model is all stainless so it can be buffed out by a jewler as long as the scratch is not too deep. You'd be out of luck if you had a gold plated model. I recommend you call timex and attempt to get the new crown. Find a strap online that suits your watch. When you have both of these things (assuming Timex managed to have the crown in stock) bring the watch to a jewler or watchmaker near you and have them do everything at once. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The piece your referring to that fell off was basically a sticker that had the TX logo on it that sat in a small indent on the crown. You'll have a hard time replacing that as TX has now been discontinued by Timex. Your best bet to get a new one would be contacting Timex's service center and explaining that you need a new crown that you could have a jewler swap out for you. But again you may not be able to get a replacement because the whole TX line has been discontinued.

Getting a new strap won't be a problem as it has standard lugs. Just look on the underside of the leather to see what mm width your strap is. I believe it's 19 or 20 mm on your world time model but check just to make sure. Once you determine your watches lug width any strap with the same width will fit no problem. A few sites/brands that sell great straps you could buy are strapculture, crown&buckle, panatime, and Hirsh. Its very easy to change them yourself. Just do a search on youtube and you'll see how its done.

The metal ring around the glass is called the bezel. Your lucky because your TX model is all stainless so it can be buffed out by a jewler as long as the scratch is not too deep. You'd be out of luck if you had a gold plated model. I recommend you call timex and attempt to get the new crown. Find a strap online that suits your watch. When you have both of these things (assuming Timex managed to have the crown in stock) bring the watch to a jewler or watchmaker near you and have them do everything at once. Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for the reply, you answered all my questions! I really appreciate the time and I'm going to contact Timex right now. |>

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
No prob mate. Like I said that crown label may not be available but its not necessary; its purely for looks & if you can get past it not being there you need not worry about it. Glad to help though & good luck on the repairs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts