WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sort of despise homages, yada yada yada, same old tired rant.
HOWEVER, I love the heck out of the Humvee line of watches!
So it's a submariner homage, yes, but it's really a Humvee which I think is more accurately described as mocking the submariner. :-d

Don't worry, it's such a beautiful watch, it really makes me appreciate the beauty of a true Rolex submariner.

I actually bought this one months ago, but it was in my buddy's Hummer H2 rolling around on his floor while I was busy buying up a number of CONUS-delivery-only watches. (Cuz I live in Canada which is not CONUS, you see, but I want the deal anyway dagnabit!) He kept saying "I'm gonna send em!" and I kept saying "not yet! one more!" and I guess after awhile he went "bah!" and left em in his H2.

PICS

1. No Matter What The Mission. The mission is, to make another submariner homage. Mission accomplished! :-!

2. Unclipped. It looks waay better than the pictures can show. It's just so shiney, and so glinty! No chrome, just shiny stainless steel.

3. Snapping it down.

4. Locking it down.

At this point, I'd like to remark that the bracelet is one of those flimsy formed link affairs. Ordinarily I hate these passionately & pitch them out.

However, for some reason, with this watch they work perfectly! The appearance is darn near as good as any of my other stainless bracelets. The heft is extremely lightweight though. But, I don't think it's in danger of falling apart. You know what! I'm gonna keep it on its stock bracelet.

5. The classic hand-in-pocket shot. I have never been inspired to do this shot before, but this one is a real looker. Never mind the potbelly dagnabit! :-!

6. The blurred-second-hand shot (complete fluke).

7. You'll probably think I'm an idiot, but I like the looks of this better than a real submariner. I do! I don't know how to explain it.

8. Unidirectional bezel (60 clicks).

9. I really dig this crown. Works good, and the guards are perfect.

10. Face close-up.

11. I just dig that satin finish on those cheap, cheap links!

12. Thanks for looking!

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,169 Posts
So few dollars...so much pleasure...

Excellent catch!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Cool shots of the watch! b-)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cool, nice Sub. Surprisingly, it has a very nice pearl.

Wear it well!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hmm. :think:

I thought I replied to this thread yesterday but don't see the post.

It went something like:

I like the look of the Tachymeter although I understand that it's not too useful. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, I guess what I liked most about it is the fact that it has NO cyclops. (My eyesight works just fine thanks, I can even read the "Japan Movt" at the bottom of the dial). Unfortunately, it also has NO indiglo, but believe it or not has competent lume.

A $20 cheapie. The irony is, I think these might be rarer than actual Rolex submariners.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts