WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 16570 polar and wanted to check the power reserve of the movement. Thought while I was at it I would give a few others a full wind, set the time to midnight on the 1st and let them sit dial up.

Like I said, its unscientific...each has different age, service history and wearing history. All keep COSC time.

Here are the results...
Liquid Drinkware Water Drink Font

Watch Liquid Fluid Font Water

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi,

Interesting but.... Why a different order in pic 2 ? And then as there are only 12h on a watch, without your explanation it's king of hard to make our own analysis. Well at least for me, sorry
Sorry if I caused confusion...the SeaDweller, on the left, went for about 45h20m as the date has not changed over to 3. The Seamaster GMT, on the right, went for 49h45m.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I thought the presentation was quite clear - and I'm a scientist! Very interesting, even if not an optimal test. Thanks for posting it. You're right, it's not super scientific if you are trying to generalize results for others' watches of the same model, but relatively robust if you only care about comparing within your collection.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So again I may do this with my watches. I do have a timegrapher. In addition to what Wolfe did... anything else interesting/useful to test?

1) After fully winding, pushing crown in, laying flat:

2) Test each flat on the timegrapher every 12 hours for accuracy/comparison

3) anything else?

(I understand as Wolfie my watches have different ages, service intervals, just wanting to see what they'll do)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts