WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Vandenbroeck & Cie Gigantic watch a few years ago, not knowing what brand it was or anything. I just loved the look and the size, and I thought it was a neat watch. Now when I've recently started to use ebay I have noticed to my sorrow that it's not so unique. Heres my watch:
Vandenbroeck & Cie.jpg

and here are a few other I found the other day:

Schoffler & Söhne.jpg M. Johansson.jpg mzi watch & co.jpg GVMW.jpg

IT'S THE SAME WATCH BUT WITH DIFFERENT LOGOS!!!

I still love it though but I feel a bit cheated and now I know the true meaning of mushroom-brands.

/Emil

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,147 Posts
I don't know what you paid, but...does that matter?

I think you were right when you thought it was special; the design is cool....very cool. It's a good enough design that at least 4 other names went "yeah, I'll run with that model". If I saw that on anyone's wrist I'd definitely want another look. And the Vandenbroeck & Cie has the best logo of the bunch.

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
You have a beautiful and VERY interesting watch! It is indeed quite special, regardless of the alternate logos. The temp and humidity gauges set this watch apart. Remember that you never see truly "unique" watches, except in museums and magazines - at some point they all have to be based on manufactured parts. Enjoy your wonderful piece of wrist-art.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I still like it a lot and I get many compliments for it. I was just suprised that this is how the watch-industry works=P
And I actually paid less than the average price on ebay today so thats always something=)

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,147 Posts

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Do the barometer and thermometer actually work? That is very cool!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the barometer and thermometer actually work? That is very cool!
They are supposed to work, and the manual has instructions on how to get the best result, such as taking the watch off and loosen the left crown (to measure the humidity and preventing the arm to warm up the watch). Pretty nice=)

·
Registered
1 Posts
where can i download the manual for the Vandebroeck & Cie XXL ???? i bought this watch and its so nice but i would love to get the best use and i dont own the manual , ive been searching with no luck =( plz help me

·
Banned
595 Posts
This is a really cool watch! I am sure many of us are envious that you found one and got
It at a good price !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts