WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In spite of some imperfections, I really like these textured dial watches. First is a Lushan with a wavy pattern.

Everything looks correct except for the Guangzhou crown. Under the balance of the ZNCA movement is NC 79 (Nanchang 1979?).

Second, a Zhongshan with a plum blossom pattern:

The date code on the reliable SN2 movement is MC.

Third, another Zhongshan – this one has a double phoenix pattern.

The date code is DH.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
All three are very nice but the ZhongShans are my favourites. Love the dials and you know I'm an enthusiast for these movements. As simple as they are; they still seem to have outlasted the best of the low jewel count Swiss pieces from the same era.

When I wear the Peacock dial Huang He you gave me; I spend way too much time just admiring the dial :)

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,169 Posts
All three are very nice but the ZhongShans are my favourites. Love the dials and you know I'm an enthusiast for these movements. As simple as they are; they still seem to have outlasted the best of the low jewel count Swiss pieces from the same era.
I'm with you on all of this. The SN2 is a killer movement and I think it'd be a well-advised movement for use in larger modern watches if the manufacturer wanted low cost and durability. I wonder what happened to the tooling?

-- sent from Zhongzhou on a bright sunny day 17 degrees --

1 - 3 of 3 Posts