WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Shanghai 1123:

The date code on the 18000 bph SS1 is FK.

Also with an 18000 bph SS1 is this Xiongmao. I’m not sure what to make of it, other than that I like it.

I know there are Xiongmaos with SS1 movements, but a couple of things raise questions. The case is big for an SS1 watch and the dial appears to have been at least partly repainted. The caseback and crown? Don’t know.

The date code is GA.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its looks machined rather than stamped. Is it? I actually like watches without a date complication. Much cleaner dial. My iPhone takes care of the rest.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi taskitan,

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but if I did I don't think I could answer the question. Could someone please help? I like watches with no date too, and watches with SS1 movements are probably my favourites to wear. I don't think I've ever seen one with a calendar.

Its looks machined rather than stamped. Is it? I actually like watches without a date complication. Much cleaner dial. My iPhone takes care of the rest.

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,174 Posts
I sure like the Xiongmao, and I haven't seen that Xiongmao caseback before. I think maybe taskitan is referring to the Xiongmao caseback which looks stamped or engraved as far as the Chinese characters and panda are concerned but does not look as deeply and obviously pressed/stamped as this one:

The 1123 dial is wonderfully clean (I like the simple and straightforward Zhongguo) and I also like no-date symmetry.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ron. I still can't answer the question. I can, however, post a picture of a similar caseback for comparison. I borrowed it from a Chinese watch forum.

The movement inside the watch is marked Jiefang. There are photos of some very interesting rare Xiongmaos in the thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts