WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,073 Posts
Re: My VCMs – Part 8: Shuang Ling

Well, yeah...no wonder you're smiling!

All kinds of lovely, saskwatch. The day date is a great complication. Have you figured out how to set both yet?

·
6,158 Posts

Wow, nice find. :-!

I think I saw that watch with a red dial once on TaoBao, still regretting I did not buy it.

Regards,

Martin

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

:)

Thank you all for your kind words.

AlbertaTime: Yes. The quick-set jumping day and date are set by turning the crown in the outermost position. The time is set in the middle position. It can be wound, of course with the crown in all the way, but…

…it doesn’t need to be wound!

I don’t want to open it for a movement photo – this is the seller’s:

It is a rare Beijing Shuangling 40 jewel automatic (SZB-1C) with day and date, but…

…a few things about it have raised some questions.

The caseback is different from the only d/d SZB-1C caseback picture I have seen: https://www.watchuseek.com/f72/beijing-shuangling-day-date-40-jewels-automatic-271015.html

It has a Shuangling crown:

Although I have never seen a picture of a crown on a d/d SZB-1C, shouldn’t it have a “B” on it?

It was only yesterday, when I looked at the pictures I had just taken, that I noticed the indices don’t all face the same direction. There seems to be something sticking out from underneath the index at 7 and perhaps a couple of the others. Was there some repair done to the dial?

Even with these questions, I believe I am very fortunate to have it.

:)

·
8,073 Posts

The caseback is different from the only d/d SZB-1C caseback picture I have seen...It has a Shuangling crown...shouldn’t it have a “B” on it?...the indices don’t all face the same direction. There seems to be something sticking out from underneath the index at 7 and perhaps a couple of the others. Was there some repair done to the dial?.
The caseback may be newer...it looks to be in almost more pristine shape than the rest of the watch--but it could have just been polished. There's nothing that suprises me about a Shungling/Double Rhomb crown on a Shuangling watch but a Beijing crown is OK too; I've seen both on lots of these.

As for the indices, is that just the way the light is hitting them?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

As for the indices, is that just the way the light is hitting them?
Unfortunately not. The ridges on the top of the middle part of the indices at 4, 7 and 11 are on the inner side, while the ridges on all of the others are on the outer. It looks like something (dried glue?) comes out from underneath the indices at 1, 4 and 7.

I should point out that none of these things are noticeable without magnification and OCD-level attention.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

I was away a coupe days and miss out I lot! Envy!!! :p:p:p
Why is shown "XQ6", stand for Saturday :think:
Thanks, TO_ARCH. The day of the week is in pinyin. The XQ is xing qi (星期), meaning week and the number is the day, 1 being Monday, 2 Tuesday etc. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong). I don't remember seeing any other watch with pinyin day before.

Interesting with this watch -- Sunday is XQ日

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts

Waw! Drool all over my keyboard!:p:p:p This is a very rare watch as I never saw one in person!|>b-) Could someone repost an image on WUS site? I can only see some XXX now?

·
8,073 Posts

Waw! Drool all over my keyboard! This is a very rare watch as I never saw one in person! Could someone repost an image on WUS site? I can only see some XXX now?
shuangling40zuandd1.jpg

·
8,073 Posts

Thanks Ron. |> Amazing find and good luck!
Keep in mind that it's saskwatch's find :). Me, I just drool over it and reposted the pic so you could see it.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts

Keep in mind that it's saskwatch's find :). Me, I just drool over it and reposted the pic so you could see it.
I see. Anyway, this is the 1st real watch image of this model ever appeared on the web IIRC. I hope one day you could also add it to your meseum too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts