WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my very first Seiko, and I am very, very impressed! After falling out of love with expensive Swiss and German automatics, I decided to give a few Japanese quartz watches a shot. And boy am I glad that I did! For the price that I paid for this watch, it's fit an finish are exceptional. I have only had it a few hours, so I can't comment on much else at this point, but I have a feeling that I will be well satisfied. Honestly, it looks and feels just as good as watches that I have had that were 5 to 10 times the price. Thanks to the WUS community for turning me on to Seiko!

Seiko SNA411 (hadn't had time to get the bracelet sized yet, hence over the sleeve)

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Yellow Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
It looks absolutely gorgeous! Screw down push buttons, the unique bezel, this gorgeous movement, in short this timepiece is way beyond 'value for the price' ratio!

You have a very good start to your Seikoholic path, my friend! This is your first Seiko, but I bet it won't be last. Trust me :)

Wear it the best of health . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,708 Posts
That's a great piece to start your Seiko addiction -- ahem -- collection. But don't give up on automatics just yet.

Seiko also produces some of the best affordable quality mechanical watches out there.

My favorite, which is strangely enough one of the the least expensive pieces in my small collection, is the SKX007, and I love the piece for its timeless Seiko dive design and its reputation for rugged reliability.

You can also count on the Captain for advice on smuggling new pieces past your significant other! b-)|>

Reactions: GTR83 and mikeylab

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words, guys! The bracelet seems VERY well made- again, on par with some of the much more expensive pieces that I have had over the years. Ottovonn- I think that I may see a Seiko auto in my future! It's really nice to have this forum, where we can share our love of all things horological in nature- it has definitely served, on more than one occasion, as a pick me up after a brutal day at work or otherwise. Thanks again!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congratulations on getting your first Seiko! I remember one of my friends used to have this gorgeous watch.

For the price, I think the Seiko SNA411 is indeed a watch with nice "sparkling-looking" design with a great level of craftsmanship.
Plus the bracelet are well-made due to the highly polish links. I really like how the non-ratcheting and bidirectional bezel actually has a highly polished coined edge, it appears to be very solid and smooth in movement. And yes you can't go wrong with the high quality Japanese quartz movement either, they are fairly accurate enough.

Definitely can't go wrong with Seiko!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also have had this watch for a few weeks, and love it. Mine has yet to vary by a second (and believe me, I check at least once every day!). I was very under-impressed by the manuals. Nowhere did it mention that the crown screws down and locks, just like the pushers do. And that crown lockdown is the key to accurate timekeeping. I bought mine gray-market from Amazon.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Congrats and welcome. It won't be your last Seiko ;-)

Reactions: mikeylab

·
Registered
375 Posts
For a recent "convert", you've certainly gotten off to a great start! I'm betting that once you get the bracelet sized, you'll be wearing it every chance you get.

Again, excellent choice. Wear it in the best of health.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Great looking chrono. Welcome to the sickness.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Alittle tip, empty your wallet and put your money out of view..............now look at your wallet, thats how its gonna be from now on..........:-d

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congratulations! My Father gave me his old Seiko diving watch a few months ago (my first Seiko) and my late Grandfather left me a few Seikos from his collection. I have since bought my own (an SKX031) and I've developed quite a fondness for watches recently (coming from a guy who used to NEVER wear watches). You have a beautiful watch there and I agree with others here that this Seiko will not be your last. Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts