WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my vintage Bulova Sea King. Cleaned her up with some polywatch and new strap. What do you think?

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170603/9d1dbf06abac631939481bc4356e25ff.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I like it. Little details like the whale floats my boat. Congrats

·
Registered
692 Posts
I love it! Of course, it probably helps that I have a similar, if not exact piece. My dial is a little bit different in that it says Sea King above Automatic. Same case though.

When I look closely though, it appears the little whale symbol on yours is smaller, and finer. I hope mine is just a different year or some other variable, and not a redial. Lovely piece though, I enjoy mine. I currently have it on a grey suede leather strap and it wears great. Movement is the 11anacd.

Eric

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
I love it! Of course, it probably helps that I have a similar, if not exact piece. My dial is a little bit different in that it says Sea King above Automatic. Same case though.

When I look closely though, it appears the little whale symbol on yours is smaller, and finer. I hope mine is just a different year or some other variable, and not a redial. Lovely piece though, I enjoy mine. I currently have it on a grey suede leather strap and it wears great. Movement is the 11anacd.

Eric
Yes yours is original. I have seen several of that model with the whale and Sea King. I am going to take a guess that yours is a 1969 or a 1970 model? The original poster's one is original also. My watch has a 1968 version with no Sea King on it

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks JourneyForce, I'll have to remember and check the date but I believe you're correct with '69. Good to hear.

Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts