WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wait has ended. Went to FedEx earlier today and picked up my Red. It got to the depot to late to be delivered and there was no way in hell I was waiting until Monday. Since this is my first Steinhart I really did not know what to expect. Well, all of you were right, (I didn't really doubt you), this watch is awesome. The decision to go with the Plexi was the right move. Thanks to those who steered me in the right direction. I'm going to enjoy this baby for a few days and then start figuring out what #2 is going to be.

By the way if anyone is interested on how a watch gets from Germany to New Jersey in one day...................................

Date/Time Activity Location Details
Jan 21, 2011 1:31 PM At local FedEx facility EDISON, NJ
Jan 21, 2011 1:29 PM Delivery exception EDISON, NJ Package at station, arrived after courier dispatch
Jan 21, 2011 1:29 PM At local FedEx facility EDISON, NJ
Jan 21, 2011 9:59 AM Arrived at FedEx location NEWARK, NJ
Jan 21, 2011 5:22 AM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 21, 2011 3:14 AM Int'l shipment release MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 21, 2011 12:13 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 20, 2011 10:52 PM In transit KOELN DE
Jan 20, 2011 9:41 PM Departed FedEx location KOELN DE
Jan 20, 2011 7:13 PM Arrived at FedEx location KOELN DE
Jan 20, 2011 4:57 PM In transit FREISING DE
Jan 20, 2011 4:20 PM Left FedEx origin facility GARCHING DE
Jan 20, 2011 1:24 PM Picked up GARCHING DE

And finally one pic. It's obvious I need some pratice with this, but it will do for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
I love the plexiglass on mine. It really is nice. Good looking watch. Enjoy.

My GMT Ocean 1 was on the same flight yesterday. That must be their daily milk run. Went from Memphis to Dulles International and then to local delivery. Pretty fast.

·
Registered
37,672 Posts
Congrats! I still love wearing mine, the domed plexi is just the right touch for the vintage
Model!

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Congratulations. wear it Well :)
wow. that's amazing!! only One Day from Departure to Arrival. :-!
great looking Watch. i don't know if you've already thought about a Nato Strap for it??!
not that there's anything Wrong with the Metal Bracelet. but for a different look ?i bet a Black with a Red Stripe would look Sweet ;-)

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
868 Posts
you have won! ;)

what i dont understand is this:

Jan 21, 2011 12:13 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Jan 20, 2011 10:52 PM In transit KOELN DE

so it took the package only 1 hour 21 minutes to fly from europe to the us? am i missing something?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Time zones. So you can add a couple of hours.

My Vintage Red was also sent on January 20. And although I live in the Netherlands (the western neighbor of Germany) I still have to wait until Monday (I hope). #@$%^$%@^$# :-| :roll: ;-)

Anyway, great watch Ira G. Enjoy.

Groeten...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Time zones. So you can add a couple of hours.

My Vintage Red was also sent on January 20. And although I live in the Netherlands (the western neighbor of Germany) I still have to wait until Monday (I hope). #@$%^$%@^$# :-| :roll: ;-)

Anyway, great watch Ira G. Enjoy.

Groeten...
lol yea, thats what i've missed :D

anyway, kind of brilliant that from us three the first one to get his, is the guy residing on the other side of the ocean and not the one right left from germany nor the one right right from germany.. gg :)

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
is that YOU Angelina ??! :)
Nice to know that you're a STEINHART Fan. ;-)

Cheers
Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts