WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I flew half way around the world to visit the famous German watch manufactory, Fricker GmbH & Co Kg. And I have to say, it was well worth it.
Big machinery, great people and awesome watches. I was pretty much a kid in a candy store.:)
I have long had a fascination with the quality and workmanship of their watch cases and have owned and appreciated many of the brands that use their expertise.
So it was a real honor to be able to see first hand, the people and the machinery that goes into making my watches.
I arrived early morning on Wednesday 3rd December, and was introduced to the very friendly staff and shown around the whole factory.
There was a real family atmosphere which i found refreshing. Most of the staff have been there for over 5 years each, which says something about the place.
I also got to meet the man himself, Mr. Walter Fricker. A great man who welcomed me with open arms and who gave me great insight into the watch biz.
The tour of the factory was a real eye opener.
I can report to you that any watch case "genuinely" made by Fricker GmbH are 100% German made.
I saw first hand, how each component of the case was machined from a solid block of stainless steel through various manufacturing steps and then expertly finished (both inside and out), ready for assembly.
Everything was done in-house, from technical drawing to a completed watch ready to ship.|> They even do their own bead blasting.
My visit left me with no doubt, that my watch cases were in the hands of the very best in the industry.:-!
Following are a few pictures of the machinery that go into making my watches:

This is the machine and person and that does the engravings for the casebacks and crowns:

Following you can see my Caseback's getting machined on one of their milling machines:

Following are the various 5 axis milling machines that go into making a watch case:

Some various lathes, milling machines and polishers:

A couple of posters on a wall:

· Registered
1,438 Posts
Wow, Cool pics Ian. Has to be one of the coolest tours, and with your product being manufactured while you're there, tops!

Nice posters, if the Kremke girl diver one looks like that Kenzo, I am IN. The poster the PVD is also awesome!

Thanks for posting these :-!

· Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, Cool pics Ian. Has to be one of the coolest tours, and with your product being manufactured while you're there, tops!

Nice posters, if the Kremke girl diver one looks like that Kenzo, I am IN. The poster the PVD is also awesome!

Thanks for posting these :-!
thanks mate,
it certainly was a cool tour and it was fantastic to see how the watches are made.
And just for you, following is a pic of the Kremke Diver ;-)

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Ian,

Totally cool pics. Thank you so much for posting them for us.

Scott

· Registered
41 Posts
Fricker should come out with their very own line of watches.
Ian, i like the poster, but i think you could've done better with a different girl.
Saving my pennies for a Subzilla (SS), but I logged in to comment on the last post...even though it may have been a joke (my funny bone might be on the fritz).... Less importantly, I don't think Fricker would deliberately hurt their clients like that... But more importantly.... WHAT?.... a different girl?!! I think you got the right one there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.