WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won this one on eBay earlier this week and it arrived today :-d A little polishing of the crystal, a new strap et voila, apart from some tiny marks on the lugs it's in superb condition :-d

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi Micha!

Looks like a NOS! I like the Vostok with the crown at 2.

Do you restart collecting or never really stoped?

Cheers,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats funny. I am waiting for that exact one in the mail myself. It will be my first USSR vostok. I have the tank commander russia one which is getting a better band than the hollow plated thing that came with it.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you restart collecting or never really stoped?

Cheers,
Errr, a little bit of both :-d I sold most of my Russians over a year ago to finance other watches. 3 Poljots and a Vostok remained in the collection. My focus has shifted a little more towards German watches (esp. Pilot's and Diver's). However, I never entirely forgot about Russians :-d I still have a list of Russians I'd like to have for my collection. Even though I don't wear them much, I'd still like to own them (I love to just look at them ;-)), so I decided, that when I can find watches from my list at a decent price, I'll pull the trigger :-d Here's the list:
- Poljot Okeah (on order)
- Vostok Generalskie (the plain one, star case, crown at 2 - bought it in Nov. 2006)
- Vostok Albatros Radio Room (bought it in Oktober 2006).
- A Vostok Generalskie auto (poor case, good movement - the movement will be used to restore my defective Generalskie radio room. Watch bought, radio room is in restauration :))
- Vostok crown at 2 with: Paratrooper, Submarine and Tank dial (Paratrooper bought, I actually owned the Tank, but sold it (the only one I regretted o|)
- Vostok 3AKA3 with black dial and orange/yellow railroad dial. This one is rare :-(
- Any other plain dialed Vostok which strickes my fancy ;-)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Errr, a little bit of both :-d I sold most of my Russians over a year ago to finance other watches. 3 Poljots and a Vostok remained in the collection. My focus has shifted a little more towards German watches (esp. Pilot's and Diver's). However, I never entirely forgot about Russians :-d I still have a list of Russians I'd like to have for my collection. Even though I don't wear them much, I'd still like to own them (I love to just look at them ;-)), so I decided, that when I can find watches from my list at a decent price, I'll pull the trigger :-d Here's the list:
- Poljot Okeah (on order)
- Vostok Generalskie (the plain one, star case, crown at 2 - bought it in Nov. 2006)
- Vostok Albatros Radio Room (bought it in Oktober 2006).
- A Vostok Generalskie auto (poor case, good movement - the movement will be used to restore my defective Generalskie radio room. Watch bought, radio room is in restauration :))
- Vostok crown at 2 with: Paratrooper, Submarine and Tank dial (Paratrooper bought, I actually owned the Tank, but sold it (the only one I regretted o|)
- Vostok 3AKA3 with black dial and orange/yellow railroad dial. This one is rare :-(
- Any other plain dialed Vostok which strickes my fancy ;-)
Scratch another one from the list :-d
Today I won the auction for a black AND a green dialed Tank Commander :-d
I'm hoping the green one is a 3AKA3 one (did the green ever come as a non-3AKA3?). I'll post pics of my own as soon as they get here :)

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Scratch another one from the list :-d
Today I won the auction for a black AND a green dialed Tank Commander :-d
I'm hoping the green one is a 3AKA3 one (did the green ever come as a non-3AKA3?). I'll post pics of my own as soon as they get here :)
congratulation Micha :-!
the Russian fever is back in you? :-d

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I just picked up that same model at a flea market over the fourth of July weekend. I found it at the bottom of a huge bin of junk watches. Mine also appears to be in excellent shape. It is keeping good time. This is my first Russian watch. I am mostly a Seiko collector. I have not taken any pics yet, but I will post some when I do.

I thought I did pretty well for $7.00.

Aladin Sane

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Congrads on your watches. The CCCP Vostoks with the 2:00 crowns are my favorites! (I've really got to get one of these!!). I have seen the green tank commander in a non 3AKA3 form, btw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts