WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think of my collection?

The Longines belonged to my grandfather
The Invicta was also inherited
The Citizen was my college watch
The weird bracelet was a gift from my brother
The guitar was a gift to celebrate my release of my first album
The Omega was a 40th birthday present
The Wenger was my first dual time for my girlfriend and I
The Sturhling was just a great deal
The labradorite was a gift from a client who makes them

THANKS!

Watch_Collection.jpg

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Interesting and varied collection! Thanks for sharing!

~Sherry.

Reactions: Kittysafe

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Apparently all meaningful to you other than they're watches and you're WIS. Cool!!

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Great share. If I may be so bold as to recommend a strap change for the tank shaped Citizen; a black lizard to make it a bit more of a dress piece should work wonders. Just my thoughts and again, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great share. If I may be so bold as to recommend a strap change for the tank shaped Citizen; a black lizard to make it a bit more of a dress piece should work wonders. Just my thoughts and again, thanks for sharing.
That's a great idea, thanks!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
You have a great collection. I particularly like your grandfather's Longines. That is one is real treasure.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Cool collection! Thanks for sharing. The guitar watch is very cool. Please show a close-up of the face when you get a moment.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
The Longines belonged to my grandfather
The Invicta was also inherited
The Citizen was my college watch
The weird bracelet was a gift from my brother
The guitar was a gift to celebrate my release of my first album
The Omega was a 40th birthday present
The Wenger was my first dual time for my girlfriend and I
The Sturhling was just a great deal
The labradorite was a gift from a client who makes them
Is this a poem? So poetic :)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool collection! Thanks for sharing. The guitar watch is very cool. Please show a close-up of the face when you get a moment.
Guitar Watch.jpg

wuyeah - ha! I am a poet/songwriter though so maybe it's rubbing off on my forum posts ;)

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
Very nice. Like that guitar watch. How did the album do?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice. Like that guitar watch. How did the album do?
With 14 songs on the album, the original recordings were pretty noisy, but I've built a home recording studio
and am redoing all the songs in higher quality, you can hear the first 9 on my website, still finishing up...
Also have 20+ bonus songs to redo on the website, and then I start the second album.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My collection isn't really a collection, I just like nice things, I consider my pens more of a collection, since I've loved pens since I was little, as a writer, poet, songwriter... I don't collect watches though, I'm never looking for a new watch the way I am for a new pen :) You know how it is.

~Jonathan

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I like the fact that most of your watches come from somewhere. They weren't just random purchases. The personal value - which could be the best kind of value - goes through the roof when a collection is formed this way.

Reactions: Kittysafe

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the fact that most of your watches come from somewhere. They weren't just random purchases. The personal value - which could be the best kind of value - goes through the roof when a collection is formed this way.
Thanks, I've never understood the mentality of those who just wear something, or name a child something without a deeply thought out reason... I spent more time naming my cats than some spend to name their blood children lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts