WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I got some really useful pointers from some good people here earlier this year when I was looking to buy my first solar and radio controlled G-Shock. I'd already picked up a DW-5600E-1VER, which is a great, no-frills introduction to the brand. But my sister took a shine to it and so I gave it to her. Just like I gave her a negative display Baby G a few years ago.

I received good feedback here for the GW-6900 1ER and so that's what I opted for. Great value too. But one G-Shock is never enough, so what else to add to the stable? Went for the GWM5610-1. It arrived today. It's so much smaller than the GW-6900 1ER. But I like it a lot.

There'll probably be an addition or two in the next year. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
14,018 Posts
hookey,

You will add more than one or two. I added 16 G's this year. Watch collecting or any type of collecting is a bad thing for those of us with addictive personalities. But hey, it is more fun and A LOT CHEAPER than alcohol or other illegal "stuff". Besides we can remember what we did the night before and we only get in trouble with the wife (not the law) if we spend to much!

Good day,

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rocat.

16 G's in a year? Heck, I like your style. I suppose I bought the radio controlled G's for easy measurement of the accuracy of my mechanical collection. But G's are pretty seductive. Best wishes, Hookey.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
16 G's in a year?
53 in 2.5 years here...so it ain't that bad ;-)

But that's in the past (2008-2010), now own only 2 G-shocks with a rule I tend to stick to now - if the third G-Shock is to be purchased, one of the two existing ones has to go.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
53 in 2.5 years here...so it ain't that bad ;-)

But that's in the past (2008-2010), now own only 2 G-shocks with a rule I tend to stick to now - if the third G-Shock is to be purchased, one of the two existing ones has to go.
Wow! So what has survived the cull?

And happy Christmas to you and everyone else here.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Wow! So what has survived the cull?

And happy Christmas to you and everyone else here.
None of those from the original collection, unfortunately. I now wish I kept at least one of the 4 BNIB Real Black Frogmen I owned :-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts