WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thinner and smaller watches. If they can get their cases to under 11mm, (under 10 would be a dream) and cases 37-38mm, specifically the SMP

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thinner PO, 42mm, with a matte black dial. Or one with a white dial black bezel same size.

Reactions: Politiceaux

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would like to see them put micro adjustment on all of their bracelets. Their butterfly clasps in particular are frustrating with the complete lack of adjustability.

Also, the Moon Watch clasp with only 2 micro adjustment positions is inadequate. They could put at least 5 holes for micro adjustment without increasing its size! Come on Omega!

·
Registered
Santos de Cartier in-house
617 Posts
I am picky, and I get these points won't be popular but here it goes:

1. Less variations, more thought given to design of a smaller set of variations.
2. Test their new materials on the railmaster line so they don't put something like a ceramic case on an anniversary speedmaster. I see the railmaster akin to IWC ingenieur in intent so they can keep that as a testbed.
3. Remake the first commercial dive watch, the omega marine. Or, use the big number style on seamaster PO chronographs at least to make a modern sports watch. Can call it PO marine or something.
4. Remake the petite seconde first seamaster
5. I don't feel like the bracelet on the wave dial seamaster fits with the aesthetic of the watch, I'd like to see it redesigned. I also don't like the skeletonized hands on the seamaster wave dial, since it's not exposing information under the hands. I'd rather solid lume plots.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I am picky, and I get these points won't be popular but here it goes:

1. Less variations, more thought given to design of a smaller set of variations.
2. Test their new materials on the railmaster line so they don't put something like a ceramic case on an anniversary speedmaster. I see the railmaster akin to IWC ingenieur in intent so they can keep that as a testbed.
3. Remake the first commercial dive watch, the omega marine. Or, use the big number style on seamaster PO chronographs at least to make a modern sports watch. Can call it PO marine or something.
4. Remake the petite seconde first seamaster
5. I don't feel like the bracelet on the wave dial seamaster fits with the aesthetic of the watch, I'd like to see it redesigned. I also don't like the skeletonized hands on the seamaster wave dial, since it's not exposing information under the hands. I'd rather solid lume plots.
On the Omega Marine, they just posted a video of it on their ig page….so there may be something coming !

·
Registered
566 Posts
i do not mind the case diameter of current offerings, but i do wish omega made thinner watches, even if that means losing the display caseback.

Also, for OP's sake, a aquaterra or railmaster update, close to the railmaster XxL that Jeremy Clarkson is shown to wear (49 mm or something like that I remember), will be interesting.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
i do not mind the case diameter of current offerings, but i do wish omega made thinner watches, even if that means losing the display caseback.

Also, for OP's sake, a aquaterra or railmaster update, close to the railmaster XxL that Jeremy Clarkson is shown to wear (49 mm or something like that I remember), will be interesting.
Lol I don’t need a 49mm.
A 43-44 AT or SMP would be perfect.

Or maybe, a 42mm but with a case design that doesn’t make the watch look smaller. I do believe that Omega case design make most of their watches wear smaller.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Lol I don’t need a 49mm.
A 43-44 AT or SMP would be perfect.

Or maybe, a 42mm but with a case design that doesn’t make the watch look smaller. I do believe that Omega case design make most of their watches wear smaller.
probably the lugs and thickness, imho, for many omega cases. noticed that many omegas look a bit stumpy, esp. considering the size. thickness does make a watch wear bigger, but in some angles, it just looked smaller than expected, for some reason.

used to own a 8900 PO and compared to 126610 LN i currently own, agree with the size. probably, that 2.5mm difference in case diameter was probably offset by omega's thickness and lugs. if i recall, lug to lug for 8900 PO is NOT that big, at least compared to panerais, and only marginally wore bigger than current 41mm sub.

But imagine having a costco pizza on your wrist, though! YUM! ALL THAT GOODNESS! ;)

Reactions: WatchBorder

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've also got a large wrist size and have the Speedy 3861 Moonwatch and the white dial Seamaster Professional 300. I can see what you mean by wanting a larger wrist presence but I think they both work fine on my large wrist. Although the Speedy moonwatch is a classic and I love the dial of the SMP300, if I had a do over I would maybe go with the largeer Speedmaster Racing two counter and the Planet Ocean. Who knows I may try on of those two someday.

I see what you mean though - Omega should take a page from Breitling and offer different sizes on their more popular models (i.e. the Superocean and Superocean Heritage).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I've also got a large wrist size and have the Speedy 3861 Moonwatch and the white dial Seamaster Professional 300. I can see what you mean by wanting a larger wrist presence but I think they both work fine on my large wrist. Although the Speedy moonwatch is a classic and I love the dial of the SMP300, if I had a do over I would maybe go with the largeer Speedmaster Racing two counter and the Planet Ocean. Who knows I may try on of those two someday.

I see what you mean though - Omega should take a page from Breitling and offer different sizes on their more popular models (i.e. the Superocean and Superocean Heritage).
Absolutely.

They have different sizes of the PO, why not of the SMP?

I get why the Speedy is one size though, and I like that in that model.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Updated slimmer PO in 42mm with new bracelet and various rubber bands combinations like the ones on AT Small Seconds…

·
Registered
254 Posts
I second all who have already asked for thinner sports watches within their collection, the PO chief among them. The 2500 variant was so much more wearable.

·
Registered
898 Posts
They need to thin the cases a bit. Whether 38mm or 45mm....thinner is better. Old 2500 movement models were so wearable for that reason.

As mentioned above, the 'stumpy' trend needs to stop as well.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts