WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I’m starting to wonder if Omega supply is more limited than we think. Lots of ADs are routinely out of stock on several references; my AD has listed a lot of them as “On Order” for a while, and I know it’s not a unique circumstance. My white SMP was my AD’s display model, and it took a few weeks to get replacements in. They had a similar issue with hesalite Speedmasters. If Omega doesn’t forecast that they will produce enough watches to meet demand, they’re absolutely going to crank prices because they have every reason to extract maximum profit. They can’t increase sales, so the only other way to increase profits is to increase margins. A lot of customers will be turned off from the prices and Omega may walk the same line as Rolex, but we are in a really unique economic situation.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
How about an Aqua Terra GMT? That's right at 43mm, not in the updafed design though.
Yeah but that’s what bugs me.
If I want a larger watch, I need to add a complication.

Same with the SMP. I’d have to buy the chrono, which I dislike.

I want to be able to buy the base models, the ones I like, at my size.

·
Premium Member
15,149 Posts
Ok, so not the PO I was expecting.
They came with this ultra deep that is cool but I wanted a refresh in the main PO line.
I’m still thinking that they might update the PO this year. I have the 8900 and wear it a lot. But it’d be interesting to see how they might tweak the design.

LOoOser in the brotherhood

·
Registered
548 Posts
Bring back the quartz Seamasters! I have two of the last-gen Seamaster 300's offered with the 1538 movement and will probably never part with them, as they are excellent low-maintenance, sturdy, grab-and-go watches that are low enough to fit under a shirt sleeve...

101 - 109 of 109 Posts