WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the X-Wind in 2008 and the Tachymiler early this year. I really love the strap on the X-Wind and the overall design of the watch. It fits perfectly on my wrist. The Tachymiler is nice too and its chrono design is unique and different. I really enjoy these two watches although they are 1/10th of the price of some of my other pieces... which says that watches don't have to be expensive for you to truly enjoy them :-!. I got love for all watches.

Here's a couple shots of my two Hammys.

·
Registered
483 Posts
They both look great. I like that Hamilton puts two crowns on the right and one one the left on some of their watches. It kind of mixes it up chrono-wise and it balances it aesthetically.

·
Registered
2 Posts
guys...sorry to jump on, i just joined this site. And, the reason 'why' is I just bought the Tachymiler, too (the black-dial w/steel and nylon band) and I was referred to this site by my good friend. Anyways, the support and sharing is cool...Man, I'm sure second-guessing whether I should've 'gotten' the SILVER/WHITE-FACE, but as soon as it comes (should be delivered tomorrow), I'm gonna be fine...very cool time pieces...

Just one question, in the grand scheme of things, do Hamilton watches have a reputation for being high-quality, lasting long, and keeping accuracy w/the 7750 movement? My friend said, "JUST GET IT" and for the price, it was a steal vs others i was considering (Omega, Tag, etc..)...but, i'd like to know from folks from this site who really seem to know their stuff....thanks.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guys...sorry to jump on, i just joined this site. And, the reason 'why' is I just bought the Tachymiler, too (the black-dial w/steel and nylon band) and I was referred to this site by my good friend. Anyways, the support and sharing is cool...Man, I'm sure second-guessing whether I should've 'gotten' the SILVER/WHITE-FACE, but as soon as it comes (should be delivered tomorrow), I'm gonna be fine...very cool time pieces...

Just one question, in the grand scheme of things, do Hamilton watches have a reputation for being high-quality, lasting long, and keeping accuracy w/the 7750 movement? My friend said, "JUST GET IT" and for the price, it was a steal vs others i was considering (Omega, Tag, etc..)...but, i'd like to know from folks from this site who really seem to know their stuff....thanks.

Of course you cannot compare the quality of a Hamilton to say Omega... they are at different price points and their qualities are of course different. What I can say however, is that for about $1000, no other brand IMHO has the same quality as Hamilton on automatic watches. I am very please with my two Hammys and would definitely get another one :-!.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts