WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You've already seen my Speedmaster, https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/new-long-term-project-1965-omega-pre-moon-speedmaster-624695.html which was a project present from my retiring :-( watchmaker/mentor/friend,

Merry Christmas Horst!

Here is a small selection of the rest of the stuff that I got from Horst that were partially bought as a christmas present, which my wife doesn't yet know she's given to me :-x:

Nice truing caliper

Box of PW sub-seconds (hard to find)

Depthing Gauge

Pivot drill

Poising jaws

Screw under cutter?

Jewel Bezel tools

3rd hand for balance work. Not sure how to use the holes/clamp arrangement on the base though.

Nice Brass Spring gauge

Fantastic oiler

:-!
Remove oiler, up pops the lid all ready! This is coooool.

Cleaning machine

Case back remover

Cabinet of glass crystals

Actually there is more, such as a jewel pivot gauge etc., but camera is out of batteries.

Merry Xmas all.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Congrats! Have a nice time at the bench.|>

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Only my watchmaker has this much stuff! .... but I'd rather he keep working than retire and give it to me :)

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Wow you have been a good little boy this year. And how nice of your wife to buy these for you lol. Haven't you already practically bought his shop and whens the big opening day lol. Those oilers are cool. So the speedy he gave you as a project was your final test young grasshopper.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Great haul of quality tools.

The caseback opening tool is an excellent piece of kit.... as are they all.
Well done.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Very nice gifts, your wife is more understanding than mine, I mentioned watch tools and was told to go jump....so nice to see someone getting on with their hobby. Happy Holidays!!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Excellent stuff, altho I don't know what half of that stuff is, or does :)

When do you publish your watch repair price list then?? :-d

·
Registered
115 Posts
Seeing you live in the same town as me, you can expect my project watches to end up in your "new watchmaker shop" soon.

Isn't it amazing what excuses we all have for our hobby's expenses. Christmas, Birthdays and all paid by unsuspecting partners, parents etc.
Like the repair of my IWC was paid for by my mother. She doesn't know it yet.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seeing you live in the same town as me, you can expect my project watches to end up in your "new watchmaker shop" soon.
Haha. I had always wondered where in NZ you were Kurt. Your watches are far too nice to end up here.

Anyway, I've been playing with my cleaning machine yesterday and today. Beautiful. I will never ever clean a watch by hand again, I always though, it was just a time saving device. I was wrong, it does a better job as well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Personally I would love to buy his whole shop, but unfortunately my wife has put her foot down.
This reminds me of a story about a Sheik and his camel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts