WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just arrived.....my yellow GW-B5600BC.
I am a fan of yellow and black combination so when this was still a rumor, I said to myself that I will going to get one. Upon seeing this watch, It reminded me of the old DW-56RT (Referee timer). So when the released date was announced, I was very excited but ..then..I was torn between the DW-5035E (Glacier Gold) and this watch (GW-B5600BC). I decided to get this. Well..here it is...

QYzOAen.jpg

The Combi bracelet is in matte texture just like the one installed in PRW-3100FC.
UhTf6GO.jpg

It seems this is not a STN display (I am not sure) but it is more readable than the GW-5000 when you look at an angle.
TUcgqfq.jpg

FMWVPlJ.jpg

O2cmS97.jpg

ZyonA3J.jpg

WcFV52x.jpg

X1lT39y.jpg

The LCD is just like the one installed in GW-M5610MD-9. Please forgive my dirty yellow watch.
yhLflp8.jpg

Initially, I thought their bezel has the same lettering (in terms of color) but the B5600BC is more of a yellow the other is gold.
QWDxYRe.jpg

The combi bracelet is a little longer than the combi bracelet that I got from Tiktox.
lAPbQkw.jpg

Here's my wrist shot.....of course.
sguNNGk.jpg

STN or Not? You are the judge for these are the proofs.
As compared to GMW-B5000D.

GTjQBoT.jpg

eiTFTwN.jpg

yzb6wnF.jpg

zFGMjDI.jpg

Other facts that I discovered.
1. It seems that the bezel can be interchange with that of GW-5000.
2. Combi bracelet can be used in other 16mm squares.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Rad watch, pictures and info Epal2Apol.

The lcd definitely looks clearer at an angle when compared to the GW-5000. Good stuff. But Kevio and I were just chatting about this this earlier this morning - to be honest I rarely look at my squares at an angle like that - 98% of the time I look at it straight on. I care more about clarity and darkness of the digits.

Also cool about the bezel looking like they can be interchanged.

At first I was not going to buy one of these but after seeing all the pictures people have been posting - it threw me over the edge.

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
Black and Gold go together well, I may be a tad biased though.

Looks sharp and clean. I think you made the right choice between the two.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
590 Posts
That fade-in fade-out LED is luscious!

Can't wait until CASIO releases a version with a maximum-clarity clear LCD!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Seeing more pictures of this watch is pushing me closer to buying one. I'm still a bigger fan of the blue crystal but unfortunately it has a negative display. The yellow background of this display is quite subtle and looks great though.

Speaking of displays, I wonder how its legibility and contrast compares to that of the GMW-B5000? That display has similar viewing angle and really great contrast.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for sharing! Seeing more pictures of this watch is pushing me closer to buying one. I'm still a bigger fan of the blue crystal but unfortunately it has a negative display. The yellow background of this display is quite subtle and looks great though.

Speaking of displays, I wonder how its legibility and contrast compares to that of the GMW-B5000? That display has similar viewing angle and really great contrast.
I will do that tomorrow. B5000 vs B5600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I am a fan of yellow and black combination so when this was still a rumor, I said to myself that I will going to get one. Upon seeing this watch, It reminded me of the old DW-56RT (Referee timer). So when the released date was announced, I was very excited but ..then..I was torn between the DW-5035E (Glacier Gold) and this watch (GW-B5600BC). I decided to get this. Well..here it is...

View attachment 13581141

The Combi bracelet is in matte texture just like the one installed in PRW-3100FC.
View attachment 13581143

It seems this is not a STN display (I am not sure) but it is more readable than the GW-5000 when you look at an angle.
View attachment 13581145

View attachment 13581147

View attachment 13581151

View attachment 13581153

View attachment 13581157

View attachment 13581167

The LCD is just like the one installed in GW-M5610MD-9. Please forgive my dirty yellow watch.
View attachment 13581173

Initially, I thought their bezel has the same lettering (in terms of color) but the B5600BC is more of a yellow the other is gold.
View attachment 13581179

The combi bracelet is a little longer than the combi bracelet that I got from Tiktox.
View attachment 13581185

View attachment 13581191

Thanks.
Cool unboxing wear it in good health it looks nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Great photos. I didn’t realize how reflective that gold area around the display was. Congrats on getting one! Is it weird to no longer be able to see the charge on the watch display?

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
Great photos. I didn’t realize how reflective that gold area around the display was. Congrats on getting one! Is it weird to no longer be able to see the charge on the watch display?
It’s a little odd for sure. I think that charging info, similar to the metal squares, is now shown on the app.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will do that tomorrow. B5000 vs B5600

Just posted some pictures of the two Gs. Be the judge.

Very nice, congrats! One question, how's the new combi compare to the old combi? Which one feel better on wrist?
The feel is just the same to me. My older combi bracelet is currently with my GW-5000, so the feel is a little heavier as compared to this newer one, which is made of plastic casing. However, with the design aspect, I go with the newer one. The design is pretty much intended with the watch...the holes on the combi bracelet really match those on the bezel. There is a sense of continuity of the design. Plus the matte finish really matches that of bezel.

Can I ask you from where you order it ... ?
I got it from Katzu. He was the only one who reply with a quote to me so I purchased from him. It's more pricey though as compared to the price you can get from Chino at the moment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very cool of you to share all the various display angles in your side-by-sides...thanks for the detailed post!

View attachment 13581141

View attachment 13581143

View attachment 13581145

View attachment 13581147

View attachment 13581151

View attachment 13581153

View attachment 13581157

View attachment 13581167

View attachment 13581173

View attachment 13581179

View attachment 13581185

View attachment 13581191

STN or Not? You are the judge for these are the proofs.
As compared to GMW-B5000D.

View attachment 13583509

View attachment 13583515

View attachment 13583527

View attachment 13583533

Thanks.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts