·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,256 Posts
I think you're right :-!

Yes. The strange thing is that there was no evolution for years, and now, it seems to spread fast :-(

Since I opened the watch, now I think of it… ohoh… :think:
Yeah, there are probably several micro holes in that plating and skin oils and acid are reacting with the base metal. If the plated surface is gold it's likely low karat so the alloys may also be tarnishing. You could try polishing it then coating with lacquer. Or just call it patina and enjoy an old watch with a unique dial.

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOINS in the sun !

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Re: LOINS in the sun !

Looks nice Reno, maybe a little Polywatch on the crystal to get that great looking dial to really come through.

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Looks nice Reno, maybe a little Polywatch on the crystal to get that great looking dial to really come through.
:-d Thanks ;-)

The cristal is in near-perfect condition (especially considering its age)… the last photos were taken with an ooooooold camera I use for quick & dirty shots :)

Here is a better pic :

;-)

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Okay, now I'm satisfied;-). The thing with you Reno is that you have always shown good taste in your watch choices so this piece is no exception. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Okay, now I'm satisfied;-). The thing with you Reno is that you have always shown good taste in your watch choices so this piece is no exception. Wear it in good health.
Thanks http://r.crouzet.free.fr/Ressources/images/FTP_2011/********/icon_redface.gif

More pics for you :)

(next to a Komandirskie)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

Twin brother,called "Logan" says hello.Couldn manage to open case back,got wrong caseback opener,but as I remember,it has movement inside same as yours.

Sorry for crappy pieces-bad light and not so good camera.

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Twin brother,called "Logan" says hello.Couldn manage to open case back,got wrong caseback opener,but as I remember,it has movement inside same as yours.

Sorry for crappy pieces-bad light and not so good camera.
O_O apart the numbers & the brand, it's the same watch indeed :-!

Never thought I'd see another one :-d

Jedanzoom, do you know where yours comes from ? :think:

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

No clue.Bought it a long time ago,with bunch of other low quality watches.Its in the box since then.
I certainly wouldn't qualify any watch lasting for more than 50 years without being serviced (I know mine hasn't) of "low quality" :-d ;-)

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOINS - Blue rubber

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"LOINS" watch - On Jubilee bracelet

Wristshots :

1 - 20 of 21 Posts