1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have a vintage solid 18k ladies rolex watch and am trying to get
more info on it. I can't seem to upload pics on here. I have tried
every jewelry store in town and nobody seems to know anything except it's a Rolex and solid 18k. I have pics available, please email me at
pinball@pacbell.net
Thank you in advance Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Without a picture of the back of the case and the movement we are not going to be able to tell you much. Rolex serial numbers are available so we could likely identify it given that number from the movement.
We sometimes can estimate the decade of the watch from the dial but unfortunately cannot see it in the picture that was posted.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
I'm only guessing but it looks like 1950s to me. Is there a number on the back of the watch case?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the inside of the back cover it has alot of info. It has (23765) (0.750-18k) (8091)....
There are other numbers and letters but very hard to see. Do these mean anything to you. Bill

·
Registered
30 Posts
The gift box is from Curaco, Netherland Antilles. (I had a great scuba diving experience in Bon Aire, one of the other "ABC" islands)

The shops in Bon Aire had some of the dreaded "r word" name brand watches.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Well..8091 is probably the reference number. 23765 doesn't sound like a serial number but could be a date 23/7/65. The 18K confirms that it's a gold case. Can you see the movement? Does it have a serial number on it anywhere? Or is there a number on the outside of the caseback?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is nothing on the back of the case,just the inside of the case. there are several other inscriptions on the inside of the back cover but dont seem to be "factory inscriptions".. The movement has (17 rubis) (roxel precision) but thats it... Any ideas??

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Rolex is not my specialty, unfortunately. Perhaps if you could post a clearer and larger photo of the watch movement some of our Euro-experts could have a go at identification. There are a number of Rolex precision watches from the 1940s and 1950s in my textbooks but I don't see yours.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Can't be sure but it looks like a calibre 160 or 161 movement, reference #8691. I'm still thinking it dates to the 1950s but would like to see some comments from someone who knows Rolex better than I do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts