WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm wondering what it looks like on a 7.5'' wrist :-!
Well, you're in luck. My wrist is 7 1/2 inches. My Sea Dweller has had a cyclops added when it was new. I bought the SD because I wanted a Sub that was a a bit more substantial than the Sub or Sub Date. I love the wayk this SD fits. b-)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd have to agree with you, I like the way that looks :-! I was thinking dssd but it's a little thicker than I like and the skinny bracelet with the writing on the ring is eh... I guess that decides it for me ;-)

Thank you sir!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I tried on the DSSD last week at my AD and it was way too bulky for me. Not so much too wide but, way too thick. I also didn't like the sharp lug profile. It looks too blocky for me. And, the price is very strong. I think you will enjoy the SD. Hope you are able to locate one now that they've been discontinued. Are you planning to buy a pre-owned? b-)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried on the DSSD last week at my AD and it was way too bulky for me. Not so much too wide but, way too thick. I also didn't like the sharp lug profile. It looks too blocky for me. And, the price is very strong. I think you will enjoy the SD. Hope you are able to locate one now that they've been discontinued. Are you planning to buy a pre-owned? b-)
Yeah, I'm looking for one with drilled lugs. I'm always changing straps and want that flexibility.

I agree with your thoughts. 16mm is about the thickest I'll wear and maybe 17 if its a slightly bigger watch.

16 is the magic number for me since it's substancial but not TOO much so. They're still readily available on ebay. There's one I want for a reasonable price but it's here in California. I don't want to pay $500 in tax <|

I'm not in a rush (though you know how it is when you want something o|)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah, I'm looking for one with drilled lugs. I'm always changing straps and want that flexibility.

I agree with your thoughts. 16mm is about the thickest I'll wear and maybe 17 if its a slightly bigger watch.

16 is the magic number for me since it's substancial but not TOO much so. They're still readily available on ebay. There's one I want for a reasonable price but it's here in California. I don't want to pay $500 in tax <|

I'm not in a rush (though you know how it is when you want something o|)
I understand that. :-d Enjoy your search and remember to buy the seller before the watch. Good luck and remember to post pics when you get it. b-)

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Well, you're in luck. My wrist is 7 1/2 inches. My Sea Dweller has had a cyclops added when it was new. I bought the SD because I wanted a Sub that was a a bit more substantial than the Sub or Sub Date. I love the wayk this SD fits. b-)

Nice photo~cheers! ;-)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ray I love the fact that if you want to you can add the cyclops to the SD. Did the rolex folks do that for you? Man that is a great option as my eyesight gets worse in my 40's now.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ray I love the fact that if you want to you can add the cyclops to the SD. Did the rolex folks do that for you? Man that is a great option as my eyesight gets worse in my 40's now.
I'm the second owner of my SD. The original owner had the cyclops installed by his AD when he bought the watch back in 2006. I bought it thinking I would probably have it removed to keep the SD looking original but after getting it and wearing it for awhile, I began to like the cyclops as I have a pair of old eyes as well.

I've spoken with a local Rolex dealer and they can both install and remove genuine Rolex cyclops at their shop. :)

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Yes indeed. Great pic. The lighting is perfect. See, this is why I never post photos. You guys are so much better at it than I.

Jeannie

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the pictures guys! I happened by the one ad in sd I hadn't checked and got to try it on! It fit great, not on the small side like the sub..the added thickness makes it more substancial! I snagged one off the bay in excellent condition From 2002 with the drilled lugs for about 3900 so I'm happy, just waiting the painful wait for it to get here Friday!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts