WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mum has just given me this watch. Still works, but Google has been a bust, as other than telling me it's probably Turkish because of the brand, I can't find anymore details.

Anyone shed any light on it for me?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Looks like there might be a manufacturer stamp on the main plate underneath the balance wheel by the hairspring stud carrier, maybe a movement number there as well. Very helpful if you can get a good photo of that mark, might be tricky.
Diameter of the movement in mm would also help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dumb it down for me guys ... I'm a total novice!

Worth dropping some cash on to get cleaned up etc, or better off selling as is?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I can't find anymore details....

Anyone shed any light on it for me?
Likely to have been made by Zila Watch Company. According to Watch Wiki and Mikrolisk the Nacar trademark was registered only in 1960 but I note Ranfft shows that movement (as per Hartmut's post) as being made in mid 1930's. Maybe that (AM) caliber was produced for over 25 years. The Nacar company still exists see their web page HERE. Information suggest that the name Nacar was derived from Nacaroglu brothers who were somehow connected to watch manuafacture. Nacar watches were mainly sold through Turkish, Syrian and Lebanese markets. The movement looks in very good shape, personally I'd keep the watch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts