WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm heading to another 'Bad Outfit' fondue soirée next Friday night but want to put in a decent effort. I have my genuine super slim fit sky-blue safari suit and my uncles pith helmet on hand...but I think it could benefit from a watch of some kind....of which I don't have.

The other option is an outfit with clogs, brown flares, and a terylene shirt...but a matching watch would also be great. (Shoe ideas also appreciated).

Any other ideas or photos much appreciated, cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A field watch of some sort? Maybe on a hideous baby blue NATO?
Yes yes or even a pocket watch of some sort? I'm looking into what these guys used to wear. I'm not sure if there was such thing as a safari or explorer or hunting pocket watch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Personally I think of British colonialism so a large (preferably gold) pocket watch with a scene engraved or cutout from the front cover. Alternately, a Reverso. Either way, having a monocle that also makes an appearance as you squint every time you go to check the time is a must.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Just reading the title I immediately thought AP Safari ROO but I am guessing that might be a tad over budget for a theme party... In the real world I would say a Seiko SNK80X on either a worn NATO or some really exotic looking strap like a hornback or one of the snakeskins.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Hey folks,

I'm heading to another 'Bad Outfit' fondue soirée next Friday night but want to put in a decent effort. I have my genuine super slim fit sky-blue safari suit and my uncles pith helmet on hand...but I think it could benefit from a watch of some kind....of which I don't have.
No matter what you wear on your wrist always remember to never, never pith in your helmet. :-d
(I've waited years to use that joke, forgive me please.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts