WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 80 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
More specifically, the Longines Zulu Time in all it's forms, but particularly the green Fauxsimile version - amazing specs, checks all the boxes, great price, almost available, I'd love a true GMT, but, no...

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am tiring of Submariner, or any of the thousands of look-alikes, especially with black dials. Maybe it's the black dial. Boring. Some of the guys here have entire watch cases filled with black faced divers. I don't get the draw.

·
Premium Member
JLC Reverso Duoface
6,736 Posts
The MT5612 movement intrigues me, I appreciate their adjustable clasps, but everything else about them is uninspiring, and the snowflake hand is a deal-breaker.

There's a reason they're readily available at ADs.
Snowflake hands are polarizing for sure, even in my household. Whenever I wear my BB58 I show it to my wife and ask if she's warmed up to it yet. She always shakes her head in total disgust with the snowflake hands. Does not like. I'm fairly sure she'd buy me a Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial if I agreed to trade in my BB58. That's actually a good idea...

With that said, I've grown to dispise the Mercedes hands as they're so prevalent with knock-off watches. This comes from someone who had a few Rolex models for 15+ years with Mercedes hands. Maybe I've just grown out of that stage.

·
Premium Member
JLC Reverso Duoface
6,736 Posts
More specifically, the Longines Zulu Time in all it's forms, but particularly the green Fauxsimile version - amazing specs, checks all the boxes, great price, almost available, I'd love a true GMT, but, no...
The two boxes that the Zulu Time doesn't check for me is the 42mm case and the 5 star rating on the dial, really rubs me the wrong way.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
It's never occurred to me to "respect" (or "disrespect" for that matter) any watch, or brand.
Either I like it and own/wear it, or it doesn't exist for me to have any feelings about it.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Watch Analog watch Azure Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch White Light Clock

Watch Photograph Analog watch Light Clock

Grand Seiko. Excellent craftmanship, technology, metallurgy but their line-ups have been come saturated. Every model looks the same and undisguisable in terms of overall case design, bracelet quality and function. To non-horologist person, they're just a Seiko with eye-catching colors looking 6ft+ away.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Rolex Daytona

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: AnonPi

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
I can't think of specific watches that fit this category, but for me it's thin, flimsy dress watches with brely enough water resistance to splash water on(which means 3-5atm). Watches like the calatrava are what I mean. I like the looks, I respect many of the brands, as pretty much every brand makes them, but I just can't get behind the styling. I have had a few and I just don't keep them.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
What do you have against nipples?
You got me. I have nothing against them. I have the mind of a 10 year old and look for every opportunity to say nipple in the context of a near $10k wristwatch. :)

• Haha
Reactions: SigDigit and ccmjd
61 - 80 of 179 Posts