·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Many of those zulu / rhino straps have HUGE buckles which annoy me when they clatter on a table or something hard .. and get in the way.

After trying them all, my favourite is the two-piece at the bottom of this page. Only grey & green remaining ;(

http://www.timefactors.com/rhino.htm

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Edit .. looks like there is only green 22mm remaining ;(

Lucky I bought x3 of the grey 22mm before they sold out.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I am a big fan of the Zulu straps, particularly the four-ring style. They are extremely comfortable, lightweight, and really give the watch a unique look. I personally don't do anything strenous enough to pop out a springbar, but it's nice to know the watch will be secure in the event that one does go.

Not so much fond of the NATO bands...the thinner stainless steel parts just feel cheap to me. The upside though is that they seem to come in a lot more sizes and colors. I've been searching for a blue Zulu forever, but nobody seems to carry them.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking about getting a 3 ring zulu because it looks alitte more "professional" then the "over exaggerated 3 ring nato" in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oops, I am sorry.

I mean the Nato looks more professional in my opinion.

The Zulu has those exaggerated rings.

I am using this pic as an example.

I don't want the bond nato.

Just a three ring nato.

Posted originally by Bleh.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
they are liked by many. i'm sure a search would have turned up post after post about them.

i've tried every type by maratac. the straps with thinner material (and also thinner loops as you've noticed) are preferable for certain watches because the band can contour easier. that is important for smaller watches or just watches with less space between springbar and body. the thicker wire hardware in your picture does feel more substantial, but on the wrong watch the look can visually too "bulky".

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Got a black Zulu on my G2300 love the look and feel. Did not like the casio velcro nylon strap.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I find NATOS too thin. But if you want one, the Timefactors version linked above is one of the best. I prefer the thicker Zulus, and the the three ring configuration for both. They're all cheap enough for experimentation, so just buy a couple.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I have multiple zulus, zero natos and a few other strap type bands. I try to wear a watch with one when leaving the house. I like the thought that a single tiny metal pin failing won't potentially lose my watch for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts