WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the blue hogrider (are there other colors?! hah!) and put it on a NATO strap with the Orient factory spring bars. As I'm leaving the house today one of the spring bars just popped out/off. Are there special spring bars I should use with a NATO strap? Thanks in advance forum readers.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
well it's a good thing you were wearing a NATO Strap now wasn't it :-d.

1. pin might not have been as much in the hole as you thought.

2. length of springbar (make sure each side has sufficient bite into the lughole).

3. when a rubber strap gets compressed between the lugs it can tug out one of the springbars. Shouldn't happen with a stiff NATO: however, I believe the NATO exerts more force on a smaller portion of a springbar, which the cynic might say is why the NATO needs the security system it employs :).

4. could just have been one of those things...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was glad I was wearing the NATO strap, otherwise the hogrider would have met my garage floor. :)
After finding the springbar it looks like it is bent. Does anyone have a suggestion about a good replacement one? Or does it not really matter as long as it is the appropriate size? Thanks Orient fans.

well it's a good thing you were wearing a NATO Strap now wasn't it :-d.

1. pin might not have been as much in the hole as you thought.

2. length of springbar (make sure each side has sufficient bite into the lughole).

3. when a rubber strap gets compressed between the lugs it can tug out one of the springbars. Shouldn't happen with a stiff NATO: however, I believe the NATO exerts more force on a smaller portion of a springbar, which the cynic might say is why the NATO needs the security system it employs :).

4. could just have been one of those things...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts