WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I have four watches, two steel and two titanium. Grand Seiko SBGA 029/32 and SBGE 001/015. The steel ones are much heavier than the titanium. I want to put one pair on NATO’s. I’m not sure what to do. On one hand the all titanium models are super nice on the bracelets, and adding the NATO almost seems pointless, whereas the steel ones would really benefit from the weight reduction from a NATO. But I’m worried they will be really top heavy and wear badly.

Anyone been down this road? Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
984 Posts
We've found that our customers like using our standard NATO style (square hardware) on thinner/smaller cased watches and the Z3 or Z5 (ZULU 3 Ring or ZULU 5 Ring - oval hardware, heavy duty nylon) on larger/heavier watches.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I use my regular strap (1.2mm thin) on my 45.5 Planet Ocean Chrono (19mm thick). I also make a thicker, stiffer strap, but even for my POC I prefer the regular version.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys

Thank you for the replies. I have put the heavier steel SBGA029 on to a black zulu, and the lighter steel SBGE001 on to a NATO, but I need to buy a better quality one I think. Its a bit thin.

Will post some pics soon.

Thanks again

Berni

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've found the BlueShark premium NATOs are up to the task of a heavy watch. Give em a shot!

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
It really depends upon the material. A good strong zulu strap can support a heavier diver, lighter straps can leave a heavy diver feeling like it’s at sea. It dpends upon where you buy. If you buy cheap on ebay I can guarantee disappointment. Name brands like Maratac and Phoenix (Mickie500 on ebay) will be more reliable. Countycomm had some of the Maratacs on sale, maybe try those for an experiment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts