WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having lurked around here for a while, it's about time I started contributing!

I really like the Nav B-uhr ST1 premium (especially in anthracite...) - the movement is beautiful, I love the sandwich dial, and it reminds me of the IWC Big Pilot, which can only be a good thing. I'm all but decided.

The only thing clouding my judgement is the idea that for less money, I could get the Nav B handwinding AND an OVM, which I really like the look of.

What would you do?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Having lurked around here for a while, it's about time I started contributing!

I really like the Nav B-uhr ST1 premium (especially in anthracite...) - the movement is beautiful, I love the sandwich dial, and it reminds me of the IWC Big Pilot, which can only be a good thing. I'm all but decided.

The only thing clouding my judgement is the idea that for less money, I could get the Nav B handwinding AND an OVM, which I really like the look of.

What would you do?
I'd do OVM and regular Nav B 47 (either Auto or Hand-winding... but non-chrono and non-premium)... but that's just me.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I'm a variety fiend, so I'd go for the two watch option on most days. My collection supports that philosophy. What you prefer is another matter. Are you buying the watch for what you can readily see, or for what is on the inside, that you'll spend a relatively small amount of time looking at?

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
is it about Quantity ?.
then might as well get 2 for 1.
but if you like and appreciate the Finer things then go for the ST-1 Premium.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm a variety fiend, so I'd go for the two watch option on most days. My collection supports that philosophy. What you prefer is another matter. Are you buying the watch for what you can readily see, or for what is on the inside, that you'll spend a relatively small amount of time looking at?
Agreed.

OP - is this your first automatic watch? Or what other watches do you currently own? If it's your first moderately priced, aka 'nice' timepiece, I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the quality of the OVM and the Nav B uhr.

Sent from my eyefone.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This will be my 1st mechnical... my priciest current watch is a TW Steel CEO Canteen.

I have no doubt I'd be happy with the quality of any steinhart, I'm just wondering if objectively the premium is worth the price. I know the movement decoration takes time of course.

At the end of the day I'm sure it will be a gut decision (definitely a WIS in the making!)

Thanks all

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
I think for most of us we make gut decisions when purchasing a watch which is fine as that makes the purchase more exciting. Considering that, i'd think you may have already made your choice if now you are questioning (objectively) if the Premium is worth the extra cost in your opinion. Well I can tell you they are & that should now make the decision even more interesting for you....:-d That aside, you can two great watches or one greater watch. I'd get the Premium first only because they are available in lesser quantities meaning, once sold out they will be out of stock for a longer than what either of the standard models you are considering would be. Caveat to last comment, the OVM's are also prone to slightly longer waiting times.

Which ever way you jump you will be making a good choice.... Enjoy.......

This will be my 1st mechnical... my priciest current watch is a TW Steel CEO Canteen.

I have no doubt I'd be happy with the quality of any steinhart, I'm just wondering if objectively the premium is worth the price. I know the movement decoration takes time of course.

At the end of the day I'm sure it will be a gut decision (definitely a WIS in the making!)

Thanks all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts