WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to share some pics of this LE i have received from Gunter S.

The watches are now available.. from no.001/111 to 050/111

Specification Details :

44mm titan case..
Sapphire on top..
Dark brown dial.
Golden hands.
SL in green C3 great shiny.. in the night..
Back side SS in satin..
Movement eta 2801 handwinding swiss made..
LE 111 pcs. Worldwide..
2 vintage straps.

LE Tit 44 mm & Vintage 47 mm, so you can compare the size between them :-!

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Gorgeous!

Maybe everyone can help me. I'm going nuts right now trying to decide between the two Vintage B-Uhrs and the Nav B-Uhr Auto Black.

I'm drawn to the Vintage pair because they're different, but the Nav B Black excites me because I prefer the B dial, the crown and its historical accuracy. I prefer a manual wind, but also would rather have the largest case size I can get.

See what I mean? I can't decide! ...and all these great photos are only making it more difficult for me.

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
congratulations

wow looking GREAT :-!i also like your Pictures a lot.;-)
i've been so curious to learn IF the Ti Case is as Grey as the Steel.!!?
they both look the same in the first picture. but or do you think the Ti is a tad Darker?! thanks.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Uwe, seems to me you need to cover all bases mate. Get them both...:-d...:-!

Tony, I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that generally Ti cases present a touch darker or a bit less vibrant, if you get my drift. Then again it may simply have something to do with the grades of metals that determines aesthetic appearance...:-s.....:-d

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
yeah James. i do get your drift :).. generaly speaking,Titanium is Darker than Steel. and it developes an Oxide layer with time.
i've seen some guys do some crazy stuff to their Ti Case Panerais with OXY Clean.!!(to make it look Darker )
i just LOOOOOVE Grey Colored Case. and been waiting for mine to come sooooooo in-patiently. ( you know wht i mean ;-) )

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Maybe I'm just being anal, but it drives me crazy when the engraving on a case back doesn't orientate itself with the lugs.

I don't mean this as a slight against this gorgeous Steinhart; it's obviously an issue all watch manufacturers have. I suppose when securing a case back it's impossible to ensure the thread will stop the engraving in the right place.

Yup. I'm being anal.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Have a look at the 5 part Glashutte Original production video's on youtude & you will see anal retentiveness at it peak...Brilliant stuff....:-!

GO video part 1...

Maybe I'm just being anal, but it drives me crazy when the engraving on a case back doesn't orientate itself with the lugs.

I don't mean this as a slight against this gorgeous Steinhart; it's obviously an issue all watch manufacturers have. I suppose when securing a case back it's impossible to ensure the thread will stop the engraving in the right place.

Yup. I'm being anal.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

Yup. I'm being anal.
Uwe, in order for the engraving to line up with the case, the non-engraved case back has to be screwed on first, then marked, un-screwed, engraved and then screwed back on the same watch. A lot of effort that can also lead to scratches in the case. The more the watch needs to get handled, the more likely something can happen, that will cause more labour and as a result cost more money. :-(

Looking through my collection, only my Kazimon watches have lined up case backs :-!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is anyone feeling brave enough to get the caseback open and take a shot of the 2801 movement? I want to see whether the degree of finish matches the unitas movements.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i like this watch.titanium is a good step
i hope i see this material to other models like the divers or better to the chrono.a mix of titanium and pvd chrono i think would be ideal
i hope steinhart will make us soon a dial with a date

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any idea if this size (44mm) Vintage model will come available as a regular part of the Steinhart collection?
Without the Titanium case and preferably with an automatic movement?

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
At this stage only the 44mm Ti L.E, however knowing Steinhart they will gage (guage in the U.S) the popularity of this vintage style flieger in 44mm & consider it further for 'possible' future implementation into the range. The 47mm vintage is doing quite well so it is possible...???..Contact them & find out...;-)

Does anyone have any idea if this size (44mm) Vintage model will come available as a regular part of the Steinhart collection?

·
Registered
965 Posts
You can ask Steinhart directly... If you want it with SS-case and auto movement I'm sure Günter will work something out for you! |>

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
At this stage only the 44mm Ti L.E, however knowing Steinhart they will gage (guage in the U.S) the popularity of this vintage style flieger in 44mm & consider it further for 'possible' future implementation into the range. The 47mm vintage is doing quite well so it is possible...???..Contact them & find out...;-)

just curious, but wouldnt that erode the purpose of having a 44mm Vintage Limited ed should they plan to release more in the future?

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
The original question asked if a standard 44mm vintage was going to happen with a non Ti case. Being that the 44mm L.E is a Ti, then no I reckon it would not be an issue to have a standard steel cased bead/sand blasted version.....;-)

just curious, but wouldnt that erode the purpose of having a 44mm Vintage Limited ed should they plan to release more in the future?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm afraid not. The LTE will remain the only Nav.B-Uhr Vintage in a 44mm case.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The original question asked if a standard 44mm vintage was going to happen with a non Ti case. Being that the 44mm L.E is a Ti, then no I reckon it would not be an issue to have a standard steel cased bead/sand blasted version.....;-)
Thanks my bad. Dint read the post carefully

1 - 20 of 36 Posts