WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys,

first, i would like to introduce myself and also say thanks for all the insightful posts on this forum. i've been contemplating between several fleiger style watches and the reviews and pics on this site definitely helped me with my decision. special thanks to spoon, mamas, cyberbug, triton for their posts on the gold le.

without further delay, here are some pics of my latest acquisition - the gold edition nav-b.

presentation case was a nice touch.

got straps 97 and 111. have to say that the marone vintage is my favorite strap of all time. :-!

close up of the nav. pictures do not do justice as to how good the gold hands look in person.

macro shots of the hands and dial. very impressed with the quality of the work.

had to include the wrist shot. the gold hands definitely have a lot of pop.

size comparison to my 42mm iwc chrono.

hope you guys liked the pics. i'm still debating whether the watch is too big for my not so masculine 6.5'' wrists. let me know what you guys think. :)

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Congrats on the Gold L.E....

The pics are great & looking at them tells me that the Gold L.E looks fine on your wrist.

Wear it well & often.....:-!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the Gold L.E....

The pics are great & looking at them tells me that the Gold L.E looks fine on your wrist.

Wear it well & often.....:-!
Thanks Riker! It's definitely reassuring to hear that. I just catch glimpses of the watch at times and it feels monstrous. But I know it's mostly in my head.

Fyi - I'm a Nikon man myself. Used a D200 for the above pics. I saw in an earlier post that you ordered a D300. Any nice pics of your Nav-b with the new camera?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great choice and really nice pics. I've worn mine every single day since I got it back in July. Love it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
wow I love the gold but it looks so huge on your wrist maybe too big for me- 45mm is pushing it though as I only have a 7.25 wrist but nice job Steinhart!

·
Registered
948 Posts
...hope you guys liked the pics. i'm still debating whether the watch is too big for my not so masculine 6.5'' wrists. let me know what you guys think. :)
I think the watch is too big for your wrist.

You should sell it to me.

It would look great on my 7.75 inch wrist.

I have been looking at this style watch for several weeks and I have decided this is the nicest looking one.:p

I love the sterile dial, gold hands and second markers on the 5s only; very clean looking.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Thanks Riker! It's definitely reassuring to hear that. I just catch glimpses of the watch at times and it feels monstrous. But I know it's mostly in my head.

Fyi - I'm a Nikon man myself. Used a D200 for the above pics. I saw in an earlier post that you ordered a D300. Any nice pics of your Nav-b with the new camera?
Don't worry about he size of the watch. I remember when I first got my Nav.B, every few seconds i'd look down & think, 'damn this thing is big' but now it doesn't seem as big as it used too, so obviously I am well & truely used to it.

Unfortunately the Nikon D300 didn't happen. My wife wanted me to get a Canon 450D instead, so that is what I got. The 450D is a good camera, but not as great as the D300.

I have taken a few pics but nothing set up nicely yet.

:-!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I definitely appreciate the honesty. :-!
I think 44-45mm might be my max as well, but it's hard parting with the gold le since I feel that it is one of the more unique pilot watches out there. I really like the varying shades of the gold hands depending on how the light hits it. I agree that Gunter definitely did good with this watch. |>

maybe a silver limited edition in 45mm might be a good idea for 2009.
similar to the iwc big pilot 5002 without the date window and power reserve to keep the price reasonable. what do you guys think?

*photo courtesy of photonyd on flickr

Riker - too bad you didn't go with the nikon300d. but you can't have a happy marriage without a happy wife. i would've made the same choice. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks franco.

how do you like the watch so far? did you consider any other pilots before purchasing the nav?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I had a standard Steinhart Nav B but prefer this version with no marking better and the gold hands with the polished bezel is just right with the overall design.

Yes I have compared with other brands offering also the BIG PILOT but final decision is this model without doubt.

Simply a great watch, thanks Gunter for offering this version :-!

I think other member interested should not hesitate to get one before it will be too late.

A keeper in my collection.

FrancoThai

·
Registered
414 Posts
Exactly, doesn't look oversized or 'too much' on the wrist. Since the watch has a suptle tone and doesn't speak out loud, having it at an larger size is even better then. Now, if it was a real flashy looker, with colors all over and it was big that wouldn't look good. Simple nice lookin pilot watches are the kind you can buy huge and still look great on a small wrist.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ot - i agree with you completely. i really appreciate the low-key looks of the gold le and it wears a lot nicer than other 47mm watches i tried on. i guess it's just a matter of personal taste.

rgray - that debaufre post sounds interesting. i've been emailing with steinhart and he alluded to a new design for the nav in the near future. said he would have pics after christmas. but i have to say though, there is only 1 2008 gold le. if franco has 188, that means there's around 100 pieces left. might not be a bad idea to get it while you can if it is what you're looking for.

·
Registered
948 Posts
rgray - that debaufre post sounds interesting. i've been emailing with steinhart and he alluded to a new design for the nav in the near future. said he would have pics after christmas. but i have to say though, there is only 1 2008 gold le. if franco has 188, that means there's around 100 pieces left. might not be a bad idea to get it while you can if it is what you're looking for.
jkep, I took your advise and bought this Sunday.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=4359905&rid=62937#msg_4359905

It will be here today and I can't wait. :-!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts