WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see in the attached this Breitling bracelet broke in the same place on both sides of the bracelet . It happened maybe seven or eight years ago. When the watch was new, the same break happened and the bracelet was replaced under warranty. When I brought it in the last time, no warranty and Breitling would only replace - not repair.
This seems ridiculous to me! They still make the bracelet, they have the parts and it just strikes me as greedy. Sell me the part! But no, the AD repair in Singapore was very clear that they would not.
Wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to get this link or this part of this link?
Any ideas advice would be appreciated.
THANK YOU!​

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How strange! I will ask my horologist next time I'm there. He does a lot of jewelry-making, too, so perhaps he has an idea. Maybe that's the type of person you need to go see? May I ask how this happened?
They just popped off under stress> Hard to believe but it happened to the first one too. Doing things like taking off a back pack. May try and find another broken one and from the two make one that works or, and this is complicated, may buy a cheaper Breitling model on this bracelet, put it on a leather strap, sell it and sell the end links from this bracelet and keep the bracelet. May even make some money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine did the same thing, I bought a generic bracelet on fleabay and managed to fit that piece on my bracelet using a small amount of super glue...funny thing about it was that it was nearly impossible to remove that piece from the generic bracelet!

If you want to sell yours let me know

·
Vendor
3,013 Posts
I would think you could use JB Weld or some type of metal bonding glue/epoxy (super glue probably wouldn't last long) to reattach the piece, which was previously friction-fit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd go for JB weld, but be careful not to glue the wrong links together or you'll never be able to flex it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts