WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
6,419 Posts
Top two pictures are not of his watch, there my pictures, used without permission, bas**& !!!

And he claims the 4 together are stock pictures as it was pointed out to him that they are of a Gen 1.

Wonder if the one of the watch in the plane is an actual sellers picture.

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Top two pictures are not of his watch, there my pictures, used without permission, bas**& !!!

And he claims the 4 together are stock pictures as it was pointed out to him that they are of a Gen 1.

Wonder if the one of the watch in the plane is an actual sellers picture.
WOW! Never worn...but the pic shows it on a wrist! Red flag's all over the place! John Wilson.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You learn something new everyday. I didn't realise The Original Omega Speedmaster X-33 watch was given the nickname "The Moon Watch" because of its high acclaim from NASA.
I thought the Speedmaster (pre-professional) was (is) called the Moon Watch as it was actually worn on the moon.

·
Registered
661 Posts
If it was bought through the military pilot scheme at cost price (something like $800 from memory), there is an agreement not to re-sell the watch for at least 5 years. So the warranty is probably void for the new owner. I believe they have to be ordered by the military in batches of at least 10, so I'm guessing this one was surplus stock from such a batch.

The X-33 was nicknamed the "Mars watch", although that was just marketing talk really. It was actually designed as a modern day replacement for the mechanical Speedmaster Pro as a tool for military pilots and astronauts. But unlike the mechanical verison, the X-33 is NOT approved for use outside the spacecraft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts