WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Adam Having just re read your post, I have come to relies that you are a very fortunate man, to be able to handle some of the rarest horology pieces!
What ever else you learnt from your time as a guest curator at NAWCC, this surely, must rank as one of your greatest experience ever!
I happy to admit than I am envious
Again thanks for sharing
B

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Yes I was so very fortunate - 2012 was the BEST year my life No doubt to that.
I just learned to day that Although Gallet were ready and paid to sponsor me for 2013' although the Museum wanted my return no visa sponsor could be found
Sad but true.
That said, I am so passionate to be there I will now try to go as a volunteer without Maybe any Gallet support ( cause I have no visa)

·
Registered
986 Posts
hello Adam
I read on the book "Watches" by Clutton and Daniels do you think this is the same watch?
perhaps the heirs of General Junot sold the watch to Breguet?
regards enrico

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/ursenr/23052013235_zps4ca22bbe.jpg

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/ursenr/23052013238_zps2f93f3bc.jpg
The first Piece:
Breguet - Push repeater pocket watch. Cylinder escapement with rubies.
Made as a series of 3.
27th Jan 1814: Sold to Queen Caroline Bonaparte Murat of Naples for 1392 FF. (Her brother was Emperor Napoleon Bonoparte)
regards enrico

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The first Piece:
Breguet - Push repeater pocket watch. Cylinder escapement with rubies.
Made as a series of 3.
27th Jan 1814: Sold to Queen Caroline Bonaparte Murat of Naples for 1392 FF. (Her brother was Emperor Napoleon Bonoparte)
regards enrico
Sorry, understand now.
This is the rest of the info, the Museum has on file for that watch:

October 31, 1934 - Purchased from Breguet by D. W. Herring, curator of the James Arthur Collection at New York University

22 lignes, bridge, gilt, key wind, key set, open face case, quarter repeater. Ruby cylinder escapement.
14k gold case, engine turned decoration, case # 3313
Black Roman numerals on engine turned silver dial. Off center hollowed out points of hands. Breguet’s secret signature on dial.
This watch is signed on the dial with Breguet’s secret signature. Copies of the original records and the Breguet Certificate are on file. The skills of more than 20 artisans were used to manufacture this watch.
Copyright NAWCC

21 - 27 of 27 Posts